[Mayan EDMS: 27] Mayan versus Plone 4.1.3

[Mayan EDMS: 27] Mayan versus Plone 4.1.3

David Herring

Just starting out with Mayan EDMS .. so far have been trying to get
200G of files to work within Plone 4.1.3 ... and this has not been
successful mainly down to the file storage all being ZOPEDB related.

So will let you know how I get along with Mayan EDMS .. looking
forward to trying this out.

Thx Dave

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 29] Mayan versus Plone 4.1.3

Thanks for giving Mayan EDMS a try.  Wow 200GB of files, that is
something!  If some of those files share the same metadata you can zip
them up together to upload them in batches.  Looking forward to the outcome.

Best regards

On 01/22/2012 12:41 PM, David Herring wrote:

> Just starting out with Mayan EDMS .. so far have been trying to get
> 200G of files to work within Plone 4.1.3 ... and this has not been
> successful mainly down to the file storage all being ZOPEDB related.
>
> So will let you know how I get along with Mayan EDMS .. looking
> forward to trying this out.
>
> Thx Dave

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 30] Mayan versus Plone 4.1.3

David Herring
They can all start with the same meta data .. so that piece should be fine.

Where are the files stored..i.e can it use local filesystem storage
for files and just hold meta data in the database ?

Thx dave

--
David Herring