[Mayan EDMS: 2587] Great SW - but there is a few things I can't figure out

[Mayan EDMS: 2587] Great SW - but there is a few things I can't figure out

Axel Juhl
Thank you this is great open source software :-)
Testing latest release (docker 3.01) there is a few things I can't figure out:
1) How to select a specific user or group in a workflow to approve a certain state and how to get him/she notified
2) how to mass approve documents in a workflow and
3) how to write an index filter which can convert metadata to numerical representations for computation (they are all strings) - do I have to register a custom django filter ?
Br Axel

[Mayan EDMS: 2639] Re: Great SW - but there is a few things I can't figure out

Axel Juhl
Hello again
I wonder if anybody can help - is there a documentation for this or do I need to pay for support (which I'm willing to ) :-)
Br Axel

mandag den 16. juli 2018 kl. 13.07.43 UTC+2 skrev Axel Juhl:
Thank you this is great open source software :-)
Testing latest release (docker 3.01) there is a few things I can't figure out:
1) How to select a specific user or group in a workflow to approve a certain state and how to get him/she notified
2) how to mass approve documents in a workflow and
3) how to write an index filter which can convert metadata to numerical representations for computation (they are all strings) - do I have to register a custom django filter ?
Br Axel

[Mayan EDMS: 2642] Re: Great SW - but there is a few things I can't figure out

Ovidiu Pacuraru
I had the exact question over here, lets see if there is any reply: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mayan-edms/oEQxFkQNbPI/16hbtSifCAAJ

[Mayan EDMS: 2645] Re: Great SW - but there is a few things I can't figure out

Thanks!

1- The way notifications work in Mayan is via subscription to events. The user must be subscribed to the document's events to receive notification about changes to a document. We've discussed the possible implementation of a "workflow inbox" to received a list of pending workflows to attend by assignment. If we finish the specifications of this we might start working on it soon.
2- At the moment this is not possible. If we implement the workflow inbox feature, the it will possible to add a multi select as it is done in the document list view for example.
3- I'm not sure I understand the question. Can you expand on it?