[Mayan EDMS: 2550] Upgrading from Version 2.7.3

[Mayan EDMS: 2550] Upgrading from Version 2.7.3

Ray Hendricks
I have Mayan installed as a docker that's connected to a MySQL docker as instructed on this page https://www.mayan-edms.com/post/deploy-mayan-docker-mysql/

We have a few thousand documents loaded and are continuing to add documents daily. What's the process I can follow to upgrade to the new version?  If I do a new install (in a new VM), is there a way to export everything from the current system and import it into the new install?

[Mayan EDMS: 2556] Re: Upgrading from Version 2.7.3

1. First perform a complete backup of mayan-mysql container
2. Backup the mayan_data volume mayan-edms container
3. Stop and remove the mayan-edms container: docker stop mayan-edms and docker rm mayan-edms
Removing a container will no delete its volume data but it is always a good idea to do a backup (step 2).
4. Launch the mayan-edms container specifying the new 3.0 version:  docker run -d --name mayan-edms --restart=always --env-file envfile -v mayan_data:/var/lib/mayan --net=mayan -p 80:80 mayanedms/mayanedms:3.0

The container will perform the upgrade and then start. Monitor the container with: docker logs -f mayan-edms
If the upgrade fails, restore the mayan-mysql backup (step 1) and report the error message.

On Thursday, July 5, 2018 at 1:59:54 AM UTC-4, Ray Hendricks wrote:
I have Mayan installed as a docker that's connected to a MySQL docker as instructed on this page <a href="https://www.mayan-edms.com/post/deploy-mayan-docker-mysql/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.mayan-edms.com%2Fpost%2Fdeploy-mayan-docker-mysql%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH2m38sg-Su3DixA2C9CtHwIA-L7A&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.mayan-edms.com%2Fpost%2Fdeploy-mayan-docker-mysql%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH2m38sg-Su3DixA2C9CtHwIA-L7A&#39;;return true;">https://www.mayan-edms.com/post/deploy-mayan-docker-mysql/

We have a few thousand documents loaded and are continuing to add documents daily. What's the process I can follow to upgrade to the new version?  If I do a new install (in a new VM), is there a way to export everything from the current system and import it into the new install?

[Mayan EDMS: 2616] Re: Upgrading from Version 2.7.3

Ray Hendricks
It failed.  In the log it shows it's running but I can't connect to it.  In the log there are a bunch of errors that say Your database backend is set to use SQLite. SQLite should only be used for development and testing, not for production.

It should be set for mysql but it doesn't seem to be working.