[Mayan EDMS: 2539] Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

[Mayan EDMS: 2539] Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

It has been an adventure but it is finally done!

Mayan EDMS version 3.0 merges Mayan EDMS NG version 2.8, 2.9, 3.0, and includes many more things.

No only code was merged but also people. Mayan EDMS NG developers Eric Riggs and Michael Price have joined the Mayan EDMS core team.

Spin up a free demo instance using Play with Docker: https://www.mayan-edms.com/demo/

The complete list of changes is available here: http://docs.mayan-edms.com/en/stable/releases/3.0.html

A post covering some aspects of the released can be found here: https://medium.com/@siloraptor/mayan-edms-tempest-version-3-0-49b20850cc89

Docker image and Python PyPI package are available.

Thank you for your patience waiting for this release, for all the help smashing the last release blocker bugs for all the translation updates, for all the testing, and for all the words of support. Thank you!

[Mayan EDMS: 2540] Re: Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

Costi Budai
That’s great news!
I think many users have been looking forward to this release.
Working as a tester, I know that such a big release always requires a massive effort on the part of the team to develop, test, document and launch.
You have reason to celebrate this milestone and we have to Thank you Robert & team!

[Mayan EDMS: 2542] Re: Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

Victor Zele
Roberto - on my pip install update it switched the db from postgres to sqlite somehow and my backend is not coming up as expected.

I know there are a bunch of new env variables for DB, do these go into my settings/local.py file and what should be used for the DB values?

thanks!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This transmission may contain information which is Vimo, Inc. (DBA Getinsured) confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

[Mayan EDMS: 2543] Re: Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

Victor Zele
OK - made some progress.  Converting my local.py to the new media/mayan_settings area following the advanced deployment guide.
But start still get the below error.  It does not seem to be able to find the settings module on startup.   I have updating my supervisord conf files as instructed as well, but get the same below error.   I think I am missing a setup command?

thanks!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/bin/mayan-edms.py", line 10, in <module>
    execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 364, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 308, in execute
    settings.INSTALLED_APPS
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 56, in __getattr__
    self._setup(name)
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 41, in _setup
    self._wrapped = Settings(settings_module)
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 110, in __init__
    mod = importlib.import_module(self.SETTINGS_MODULE)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
ImportError: No module named media.mayan_settings.local_py

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This transmission may contain information which is Vimo, Inc. (DBA Getinsured) confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

[Mayan EDMS: 2547] Re: Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

Mayan no longer imports a local.py by default. Most of the configuration is now done using environment variable. If you have overrides in a previous local.py move it to mayan_settings as you did.
Also tell your installation the module to import using DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE=mayan_settings.local or if using the Docker image the variable is MAYAN_SETTINGS_MODULE=mayan_settings.local
That is the only setting which uses a different name depending on the installation method.
Add blank __init__.py files to the media and mayan_settings folder to make it importable via Python. You can use:

 touch media/__init__.py
 touch media/mayan_settings/__init__.py

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 11:15:48 PM UTC-4, Victor Zele wrote:
[...]

[Mayan EDMS: 2551] Re: Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

Victor Zele
OK - that helped a lot.  I also had to update user from default mayan to www-data or /tmp lock file gave permission denied.

Its starting up but I seem to need to run the performupgrade, but it fails for me since I am moving from NG 3.0.2 to Mayan 3.0 now.
Startup errors below show some tables missing.

thanks for the help.

No handlers could be found for logger "pyocr.libtesseract"
/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/common/apps.py:97: UserWarning: Your database backend is set to use SQLite. SQLite should only be used for development and testing, not for production.
  warnings.warn(force_text(MESSAGE_SQLITE_WARNING))
[2018-07-05 14:59:07,088: CRITICAL/MainProcess] beat raised exception <class 'django.db.utils.OperationalError'>: OperationalError('no such table: djcelery_periodictask',)
Traceback (most recent call last):

(mayan-edms) root@sjc1-mayan01:/usr/share/mayan-edms# mayan-edms.py performupgrade
No handlers could be found for logger "pyocr.libtesseract"
Operations to perform:
  Apply all migrations: acls, actstream, admin, auth, authtoken, autoadmin, cabinets, checkouts, common, contenttypes, converter, django_gpg, djcelery, document_comments, document_indexing, document_parsing, document_signatures, document_states, documents, dynamic_search, events, linking, lock_manager, mailer, mayan_statistics, metadata, motd, ocr, permissions, sessions, sites, sources, tags
Running migrations:
  Applying linking.0006_auto_20180402_0339...CommandError: Error during pre_upgrade signal: relation "linking_smartlink_label_3321a5d9" already exists
, <class 'django.db.utils.ProgrammingError'>
(mayan-edms) root@sjc1-mayan01:/usr/share/mayan-edms#

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This transmission may contain information which is Vimo, Inc. (DBA Getinsured) confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

[Mayan EDMS: 2553] Re: Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

Victor Zele
Anyone using nginx with uwsgi, below is the root nginx proxy config I used to restore connectivity to gunicorn server on port 8000.

# update root location to proxy_pass to port 8000 gunicorn app server
location / {
        proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8000;
}

I have an issue though with processing new documents.  The logs are reporting gpg not available, but its installed and was working before?
gpg binary is located in /usr/bin/gpg but not being found somehow?

thanks

[2018-07-05 21:34:51,858: CRITICAL/Worker-1] Unexpected exception while trying to create version for new document "CON-20180703-1256-2.pdf" from source "Contracts"; Unable to run gpg - it may not be available.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/sources/models.py", line 145, in upload_document
    file_object=file_object, _user=user,
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/documents/models.py", line 257, in new_version
    document_version.save(_user=_user)
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/documents/models.py", line 566, in save
    document_version=self
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/manager.py", line 85, in manager_method
    return getattr(self.get_queryset(), name)(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py", line 394, in create
    obj.save(force_insert=True, using=self.db)
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/document_signatures/models.py", line 111, in save
    file_object=file_object
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/django_gpg/managers.py", line 117, in verify_file
    file_object=file_object, keys=keys
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/django_gpg/classes.py", line 120, in verify_file
    keys=keys, data_filename=data_filename
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/apps/django_gpg/classes.py", line 79, in gpg_command
    gnupghome=temporary_directory, gpgbinary=self.kwargs['binary_path']
  File "/usr/share/mayan-edms/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gnupg.py", line 755, in __init__
    raise OSError(msg)
OSError: Unable to run gpg - it may not be available.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This transmission may contain information which is Vimo, Inc. (DBA Getinsured) confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

[Mayan EDMS: 2554] Re: Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

Victor Zele
gnupg.py wrapper is reporting error with the below version check?

root@sjc1-mayan01:# gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.16

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA
Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH,
        CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This transmission may contain information which is Vimo, Inc. (DBA Getinsured) confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

[Mayan EDMS: 2555] Re: Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

The default value for this binary is now /usr/bin/gpg1 to reflect the changes done by most distributions. Pass the location of the GPG binary using the SIGNATURES_GPG_PATH setting option on your Python settings file or via MAYAN_SIGNATURES_GPG_PATH if passed as an environment variable.

Here is the new installation guide: http://docs.mayan-edms.com/en/stable/topics/deploying.html#deploying
supervisord need the environment variable in a very specific format (first line empty, following lines prepended with a tab, last line without a comma)

[supervisord]
environment=
    MAYAN_ALLOWED_HOSTS="*",  # Allow access to other network hosts other than localhost
    MAYAN_CELERY_RESULT_BACKEND="redis://127.0.0.1:6379/0",
    MAYAN_BROKER_URL="redis://127.0.0.1:6379/0",
    PYTHONPATH=/opt/mayan-edms/lib/python2.7/site-packages:/opt/mayan-edms/data,
    MAYAN_MEDIA_ROOT=/opt/mayan-edms/media,
    MAYAN_DATABASE_ENGINE=django.db.backends.postgresql,
    MAYAN_DATABASE_HOST=127.0.0.1,
    MAYAN_DATABASE_NAME=mayan,
    MAYAN_DATABASE_PASSWORD=mayanuserpass,
    MAYAN_DATABASE_USER=mayan,
    MAYAN_DATABASE_CONN_MAX_AGE=60,
    DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE=mayan.settings.production

License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <<a href="http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fgnu.org%2Flicenses%2Fgpl.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEXF3KHaoELgfUNqRkyqzdC_wxyyQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fgnu.org%2Flicenses%2Fgpl.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEXF3KHaoELgfUNqRkyqzdC_wxyyQ&#39;;return true;">http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA
Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH,
        CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

[Mayan EDMS: 2558] Re: Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

Victor Zele
Thanks Roberto!  Mayan now fully functioning on 3.0.

FYI - LDAP/Active Directory authentication still works as expected.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This transmission may contain information which is Vimo, Inc. (DBA Getinsured) confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

[Mayan EDMS: 2569] Re: Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

Fernando Apolinário
    Good morning, I updated my installation following this procedure:

# Stop the web server
service nginx stop

# Stop the mayan uwsgi, worker and beat services
supervisorctl stop all

# Stop the redis queue server
service redis-server stop

3. We installed Mayan in a virtual environment so we must activate it to update Mayan

source /usr/share/mayan-edms/bin/activate

4. Add missing dependancies

apt-get install graphviz -y

5. Update using pip

pip install -U mayan-edms (pip install --force-reinstall mayan-edms)

6. Run migration for database

mayan-edms.py performupgrade

7. Update static media files

mayan-edms.py collectstatic --noinput

8. Exit the virtual enviroment

deactivate

9. Remove old lock file

rm /tmp/mayan_locks.tmp

10. Logging was added, update log file location and create with with correct user

# Add logging option to local settings file
echo "COMMON_PRODUCTION_ERROR_LOG_PATH = '/var/log/mayan/mayan-error.log'" >> /usr/share/mayan-edms/mayan/settings/local.py

# Create new log file and set permissions
touch /var/log/mayan/mayan-error.log
chown www-data:www-data /var/log/mayan/mayan-error.log

11. Restart the services

# Start the redis queue server
service redis-server start

# Start the mayan uwsgi, worker and beat services
supervisorctl start all

# Start the web server
service nginx start

    When I access the site I receive the following message: Bad request (400). There is downgrade version to fix it.

         Best regards,
             Fernando.

Spin up a free demo instance using Play with Docker: <a href="https://www.mayan-edms.com/demo/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.mayan-edms.com%2Fdemo%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGphKI1D0HO31BDZ7OZH8-PO1jPBg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.mayan-edms.com%2Fdemo%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGphKI1D0HO31BDZ7OZH8-PO1jPBg&#39;;return true;">https://www.mayan-edms.com/demo/

Download the automated Docker installer here: <a href="https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/master/contrib/scripts/install/docker.sh" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fcontrib%2Fscripts%2Finstall%2Fdocker.sh\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGeeLsdwUNWsHtcCxA9ctI0g7wZHQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fcontrib%2Fscripts%2Finstall%2Fdocker.sh\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGeeLsdwUNWsHtcCxA9ctI0g7wZHQ&#39;;return true;">https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/master/contrib/scripts/install/docker.sh

The complete list of changes is available here: <a href="http://docs.mayan-edms.com/en/stable/releases/3.0.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fdocs.mayan-edms.com%2Fen%2Fstable%2Freleases%2F3.0.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE4POKM435-wnsIAjEFfC42WPcgNQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fdocs.mayan-edms.com%2Fen%2Fstable%2Freleases%2F3.0.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE4POKM435-wnsIAjEFfC42WPcgNQ&#39;;return true;">http://docs.mayan-edms.com/en/stable/releases/3.0.html

A post covering some aspects of the released can be found here: <a href="https://medium.com/@siloraptor/mayan-edms-tempest-version-3-0-49b20850cc89" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fmedium.com%2F%40siloraptor%2Fmayan-edms-tempest-version-3-0-49b20850cc89\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGitrEfyV1NpluZRBLecAnFirvszQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fmedium.com%2F%40siloraptor%2Fmayan-edms-tempest-version-3-0-49b20850cc89\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGitrEfyV1NpluZRBLecAnFirvszQ&#39;;return true;">https://medium.com/@siloraptor/mayan-edms-tempest-version-3-0-49b20850cc89

Docker image and Python PyPI package are available.

Thank you for your patience waiting for this release, for all the help smashing the last release blocker bugs for all the translation updates, for all the testing, and for all the words of support. Thank you!

[Mayan EDMS: 2573] Re: Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

Victor Zele
You need to switch the supervisord config from uwsgi web frontend to gunicorn.  See advanced deployment guide page.

Then update your /etc/nginx/site-enabled/mayan config to port 8000 proxy as I stated in this thread.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This transmission may contain information which is Vimo, Inc. (DBA Getinsured) confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

[Mayan EDMS: 2575] Mayan EDMS 3.0 final, released

Lin Pro
Great thanks for all the work your have done to further the project of Mayan EDMS.
Thanks to Eric and Mike for joining to core team and their coding contributions.

Regards
Lin