[Mayan EDMS: 2437] Metadata values from a different database

[Mayan EDMS: 2437] Metadata values from a different database

Pablo Castro
Hello, I've been trying out Mayan for the last week and it has been great so far. I have a couple of metadata types with a working list of allowed values using the "Lookup" option. My question is: would it be possible to populate the list from values of a different database? I have a database with the names of 5000 employees, so it would not make sense to add them manually to the list in Mayan.

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2447] Metadata values from a different database

RW Shore
I've got some Java code (GIT repo at https://github.com/shorero/ExifExtractor.git) that looks for images in Mayan, extracts EXIF metadata, and adds the EXIF information to Mayan as metadata tags. This could probably be modified to do what you need.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 4:14 PM, Pablo Castro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, I've been trying out Mayan for the last week and it has been great so far. I have a couple of metadata types with a working list of allowed values using the "Lookup" option. My question is: would it be possible to populate the list from values of a different database? I have a database with the names of 5000 employees, so it would not make sense to add them manually to the list in Mayan.

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2459] Metadata values from a different database

Pablo Castro
This is great. Thanks!

On Monday, 7 May 2018 12:14:46 UTC-5, RW Shore wrote:
I've got some Java code (GIT repo at <a href="https://github.com/shorero/ExifExtractor.git" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fshorero%2FExifExtractor.git\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHj06hROwBzyeULcHl2_cVIHhhV7w&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fshorero%2FExifExtractor.git\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHj06hROwBzyeULcHl2_cVIHhhV7w&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/shorero/ExifExtractor.git) that looks for images in Mayan, extracts EXIF metadata, and adds the EXIF information to Mayan as metadata tags. This could probably be modified to do what you need.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 4:14 PM, Pablo Castro <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="dq6P-nobBwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">pablosca...@...> wrote: