[Mayan EDMS: 2365] What hardware are you using to host Mayan EDMS?

[Mayan EDMS: 2365] What hardware are you using to host Mayan EDMS?

Raul Garcia Sanchez
Hi guys,

I am wondering what hardware you are using to host Mayan EDMS.
Normally I was planing to use a Raspberry as I like the fact that is does not consume a lot of power and needs no fan.
However, as I saw a few days ago the Raspberry is not powerful enough.

Therefore, it would be greate if you could share a few information of what you use.
I am currently thinking of a Synology DS718+.
On this I would host my nextcould an Mayan EDMS container.

Thanks for your contribution and have a nice weekend

[Mayan EDMS: 2370] Re: What hardware are you using to host Mayan EDMS?

Michael Price
Hey Raul,

The Raspberry Pi is severely underpowered for Mayan use. I know Roberto and Eric are big fans of the Odroid. Model C2 if I'm not mistaken. Eric has been working on unifying the Docker images for AMD and ARM into a single multi architecture image: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mayan-edms/Fx8rz4kxPCw/38sUBL9pCgAJ.

I search Google and found a few pages of people running Mayan on the Synology. Nothing in terms of instructions though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/synology/comments/64wq47/just_about_to_buy_a_416j_but_starting_to_wonder/
https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/364

On Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 8:16:03 AM UTC-4, Raul wrote:
Hi guys,

I am wondering what hardware you are using to host Mayan EDMS.
Normally I was planing to use a Raspberry as I like the fact that is does not consume a lot of power and needs no fan.
However, as I saw a few days ago the Raspberry is not powerful enough.

Therefore, it would be greate if you could share a few information of what you use.
I am currently thinking of a Synology DS718+.
On this I would host my nextcould an Mayan EDMS container.

Thanks for your contribution and have a nice weekend

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2392] What hardware are you using to host Mayan EDMS?

Michael Price
Wow that is an impressive setup! Thanks for sharing!

On Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 11:18:39 AM UTC-4, RW Shore wrote:
I have a small docker swarm of 4 NUC-sized machines (mix of Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs) plus one old laptop (Core i5); each of the 5 hosts runs Fedora. Mayan and its database are running as two services in the swarm, attached to a mayan-specific docker network. The docker volume runs under a separate driver, local-persist (<a href="https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FCWSpear%2Flocal-persist&amp;sa=D&amp;sntz=1&amp;usg=AFQjCNGT1By12TUY3-EQ-mgVecP44TCb1g" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FCWSpear%2Flocal-persist\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGT1By12TUY3-EQ-mgVecP44TCb1g&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FCWSpear%2Flocal-persist\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGT1By12TUY3-EQ-mgVecP44TCb1g&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/CWSpear/local-persist), which points to a two-host replicated file system (glusterfs) running on WD NASware disks. There's about 4TB of space for docker and the database. This service is designed to hold the archives for our retirement community; document loading is just now starting, so we have fewer than 100 documents in Mayan

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 8:16 AM, Raul <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="hY2iQGSzCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">rgarc...@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

I am wondering what hardware you are using to host Mayan EDMS.
Normally I was planing to use a Raspberry as I like the fact that is does not consume a lot of power and needs no fan.
However, as I saw a few days ago the Raspberry is not powerful enough.

Therefore, it would be greate if you could share a few information of what you use.
I am currently thinking of a Synology DS718+.
On this I would host my nextcould an Mayan EDMS container.

Thanks for your contribution and have a nice weekend

[Mayan EDMS: 2392] Re: What hardware are you using to host Mayan EDMS?

Raul Garcia Sanchez
Hi Michael,

thanks for the links. I have reviewed the Odroid board. Unfortunately it is only equipped with 2 GB memory. That is making it from my point of view not really usable for Mayan.
The suggestion of building platform individual versions of Mayan sounds like a good idea to me. On the other hand it would maybe make more sense to provide the option of disabling modules that are not needed. I am for example looking for the OCR functionality combined with a nice user interface, the possibility to add tags and a way to search through all the documents. Everything else, like workflows etc is not really something I need.

However, I am still open for suggestions in matter of hardware.
Thanks

Am Montag, 19. März 2018 06:32:58 UTC+1 schrieb Michael Price:
Hey Raul,

The Raspberry Pi is severely underpowered for Mayan use. I know Roberto and Eric are big fans of the Odroid. Model C2 if I'm not mistaken. Eric has been working on unifying the Docker images for AMD and ARM into a single multi architecture image: <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mayan-edms/Fx8rz4kxPCw/38sUBL9pCgAJ" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mayan-edms/Fx8rz4kxPCw/38sUBL9pCgAJ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mayan-edms/Fx8rz4kxPCw/38sUBL9pCgAJ&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mayan-edms/Fx8rz4kxPCw/38sUBL9pCgAJ.