[Mayan EDMS: 2356] Documentation mismatch with reality

[Mayan EDMS: 2356] Documentation mismatch with reality

RW Shore
The documentation for the API function that creates a new tag (POST /api/tags/tags) indicates an optional parameter documents_pk_list. This parameter does not actually exist; a POST request to this function that includes field documents_pk_list fails with a 400 (Bad Request) response.

[Mayan EDMS: 2359] Re: Documentation mismatch with reality

Michael Price
Thanks! I've been cleaning up the API a lot. The documentation capabilities of Django REST framework leave a lot to be desired. We just upgraded to the latest DRF. Checkout the screenshots for what's coming.

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 1:31:44 PM UTC-4, RW Shore wrote:
The documentation for the API function that creates a new tag (POST /api/tags/tags) indicates an optional parameter documents_pk_list. This parameter does not actually exist; a POST request to this function that includes field documents_pk_list fails with a 400 (Bad Request) response.

2018-03-15 10-48-37.png (81K) Download Attachment
2018-03-15 10-49-23.png (116K) Download Attachment
2018-03-15 10-49-51.png (129K) Download Attachment
2018-03-15 10-50-27.png (166K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2367] Re: Documentation mismatch with reality

RW Shore
Dang, you just broke all my code :-) Oh well, the price of progress...

I can see that the REST URLs have changed. As far as you know, are the data structures returned from the calls the same as under the old API? Just trying to figure out what I'm going to have to do.