[Mayan EDMS: 2324] Search/Filer by multiple Tags

[Mayan EDMS: 2324] Search/Filer by multiple Tags

Costi Budai
Couldn't find anything related to multiple Tags search or filter.
Is there a special syntax for it?

[Mayan EDMS: 2336] Re: Search/Filer by multiple Tags

Costi Budai
Somebody? Any idea how to "Advance Search" using multiple Tags?
Thanks in advance!

On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 11:03:43 AM UTC+2, Costi Budai wrote:
Couldn't find anything related to multiple Tags search or filter.
Is there a special syntax for it?

[Mayan EDMS: 2356] Re: Search/Filer by multiple Tags

Costi Budai
Thanks for answering.

Indeed, what you say it's true, but only if you type one Tag(or partial content from a Tag).

I want to display/filter/search for documents having multiple different tags.
Let's say you have ten tags(Tag1 to Tag10) and a bunch of documents assigned with different mixed tags.
If you advance search "Tag" box for example with string "Tag2 Tag4" or "Tag2 & Tag4" "Tag2 + Tag4" you won't get anything(unless there is a document having explicit only Tag2 and Tag4 assigned).
If you advance search "Tag" box for example with string "Tag2, Tag4" you'll get only documents having Tag4(or in addition with other tags, but different than Tag2).

This has to be a simple search syntax and some basic implementation but seems to be missing(or not documented).
I can't imagine that all the people using Mayan didn't raised this issue until now, or they're only using single tag search?!

[Mayan EDMS: 2360] Re: Search/Filer by multiple Tags

Michael Price
There are some changes to improve that. Search terms are now routed to an "AND" query. That means that a search for: Tag1 Tag2 will return documents with both Tags. To offer the opposite choice we added and "OR" syntax. Searching for: Tag1 OR Tag2 will return documents with either of both. We started working on negative search queries like: -Tag1 which would return documents that don't have the Tag, but this feature is very hard to implement and not ready. We are talking about adding but not documenting it. We want only experienced users to test it.

Searching without using a specialized search database is tough. Most software just take the lazy route and force the user to install a dedicated search engine. Early on we noticed Mayan's design called for avoiding a separate search engine at the cost of some missing search syntax. The OR and negative term is our first attempt at adding special syntax to Mayan's our search code. It we get good feedback, we plan to add more.

The indexing, tagging and smart linking in Mayan make searching almost obsolete. It is a brilliant design that I haven't seen anywhere else. We are taking about automatic tagging to elevate tags to the same level as indexes and links which are automatic.

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 3:31:17 PM UTC-4, Costi Budai wrote:
[...]

[Mayan EDMS: 2362] Re: Search/Filer by multiple Tags

Costi Budai
Thanks for clearing this up Michael.
These implementations are going to be available for next version of Mayan EDMS or are you talking about EDMS NG version?
If it's about EDMS NG, are they already included in current version?

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 9:05:46 PM UTC+2, Michael Price wrote:
[...]

[Mayan EDMS: 2364] Re: Search/Filer by multiple Tags

Michael Price
These changes will be available in the next version of Mayan EDMS NG, version 3.0. We don't have developer access to the official Mayan EDMS repository. It will up to Roberto and his core team to include our changes.

The code is almost ready and a release should happen soon.

These implementations are going to be available for next version of Mayan EDMS or are you talking about <a href="https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mayan-edms/73-5LAdWIw8" style="white-space:nowrap;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0.04)" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mayan-edms/73-5LAdWIw8&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mayan-edms/73-5LAdWIw8&#39;;return true;">EDMS NG version?