[Mayan EDMS: 2321] Using the REST API

RW Shore
I'm trying to write a client that hits the Mayan-EDMS REST API. I'm not getting any errors, but I'm not getting any meaningful information back. For example, I've got two tags defined, and when I hit api/tags/tags from my browser, I get the expected JSON structure back. However, when I hit it from my Java client, I'm getting a "no-tags" response:
  {"count":0,"next":null,"previous":null,"results":[]}

My guess is that I'm not passing the authentication information properly through the request. I don't see any examples in the docs that show exactly how the API wants the authentication information. I'm using a Jersey authentication feature, but that's apparently not correct.

Any suggestions?