[Mayan EDMS: 23] Re: Welcome!

The line that talks about South is meant to say "data migrations can't help":

South is used in more apps now, this adds a few steps to the upgrade process, but frees me from restricting new functionality because of having to freeze the database structure.  Aside from schema migrations, I'm trying to add data migrations to keep data loss during upgrades to an absolute minimum.  The permission system has been completely reworked so sadly this is a place where even data migration can't help and the permissions assigned to roles will be lost during the upgrade to version 0.12.  Users, groups and roles will be preserved only permissions need to be assigned again, so write down your role permission setup before upgrading.