[Mayan EDMS: 2251] Preview boxes are really long

[Mayan EDMS: 2251] Preview boxes are really long

Ray Hendricks
Some of my scanned documents are really long receipts but i would rather they were just cut off at the bottom.  Instead all of the preview boxes are very long with blank space at the bottom.   Is there a way to fix this issue?

[Mayan EDMS: 2310] Re: Preview boxes are really long

ericriggs42
Mayan keeps the aspect ratio of the original image. I've been exploring ways to fix this. One is to shrink the image and display white or black borders. This keeps the aspect ratio intact but if the image is long it will be rendered very small. The other way is to sacrifice the aspect ratio and trim as bit from the top and the bottom. This approach was the added advantage that the entry document list layout will be symmetrical and predictable. Which helps a lot when designing or improving user interfaces.