[Mayan EDMS: 2231] How can I add the date from a receipt as a piece of metadata?

[Mayan EDMS: 2231] How can I add the date from a receipt as a piece of metadata?

David Reagan
If I scan a receipt, I'd like to pull the date from it and save that information as a piece of metadata. How would I go about doing that?

On the metadata add/edit screen, /metadata/setup/type/1/edit/, is there a way to send the ocr data through a filter using Django's templating language?

[Mayan EDMS: 2233] Re: How can I add the date from a receipt as a piece of metadata?

Matthias Löblich
Hi David,
with the document_analyzer extension you are able analyze ocr data based on regex and store the result. Based in the result you can setup indexes.

Please use the document_analyzer from my repository:

https://gitlab.com/startmat/document_analyzer

@Roberto: Please update the mayan/document_analyzer for startmat/document_analyzer. I did an update that the document_analyzer is working with django 1.10 and the latest mayan version.

br
Matthias

Am Freitag, 29. Dezember 2017 01:37:25 UTC+1 schrieb David Reagan:
If I scan a receipt, I'd like to pull the date from it and save that information as a piece of metadata. How would I go about doing that?

On the metadata add/edit screen, /metadata/setup/type/1/edit/, is there a way to send the ocr data through a filter using Django's templating language?

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2237] Re: How can I add the date from a receipt as a piece of metadata?

doug.vanes
On 12/29/17 4:45 AM, Matthias Löblich wrote:

>Hi David,
>with the document_analyzer extension you are able analyze ocr data based on
>regex and store the result. Based in the result you can setup indexes.
>
>Please use the document_analyzer from my repository:
>
>https://gitlab.com/startmat/document_analyzer
>
>@Roberto: Please update the mayan/document_analyzer for
>startmat/document_analyzer. I did an update that the document_analyzer is
>working with django 1.10 and the latest mayan version.
>
>br
>Matthias

mathias:

i've been wanting to do something similar for months. adding ocr data as a
 document name. in fact the whole kickstarter was dedicated to zone
 ocr...sadly it failed to hit 700$

i was unable to figure out how to install your extension in the docker
 containerized install of mayan.

any hints?

thank you for your work on the extension!

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2242] Re: How can I add the date from a receipt as a piece of metadata?

David Reagan
I ended up using my own dockerfile. See: https://gitlab.com/jerrac/mayan-document_analyzer_not_working_example/blob/a546b38867ea56427ebf8bc761746c779603cc28/Dockerfile

document_analyzer is cloned to ./src/app_srcs/document_analyzer.

Ignore the rest of the repo, I just pushed it up so I could point to it in an issue when asking for help.

Don't forget to modify the settings files like the document_analyzer readme says to. I spent way to much time trying to figure out why the menu options were not showing up due to forgetting that.

I also have yet to get the analyzer to add any metadata to my documents. So, don't expect my example to be perfect.... :\

Good luck!