[Mayan EDMS: 2230] Providing public read-only access

[Mayan EDMS: 2230] Providing public read-only access

Rebecca Wise
Thanks so much for the great work!

I was wondering if it is possible to configure Mayan EDMS to allow public access to one or more documents and/or cabinets along with search. In other words, I'd like to provide visitors to my web-site with searchable access to the documents we provide but reserve curation and comment features for authorised users.

Thanks in advance and I hope you are doing well in the wake of the hurricane. Our best from Iceland.

Kind Regards,
Rebecca

PS: I will be happy to pay for the ZoneOCR plug-in once available and would suggest adding Abbyy support either against a local install of, for example, the corporate edition and/or integration with the remote web service they offer.

[Mayan EDMS: 2241] Providing public read-only access

Lin Pro
I think that you could start with exploring mirroring functionality for indexes. It seems that you can expose indexes as fuse filesystems and then further share it with Samba NFS.
Mirroring is described in the concept section of Mayan documentation

Lin

[Mayan EDMS: 2387] Re: Providing public read-only access

Michael Price
Some CMS have public and private workspaces. I think we can emulate this behavior and create anonymous "views" of documents that bypass the permission system for the purpose of publishing documents. The rest of the feature would become enabled if the use logs in.

Sign up for our next produce: Paperattor. We plan to add zonal OCR among other features (sneak preview: we just finished adding encrypted document storage) -> https://tinyletter.com/MayanEDMSNG