[Mayan EDMS: 2228] New Mayan user interface project

[Mayan EDMS: 2228] New Mayan user interface project

littlezhoubear
Hello all,

Mayan is great but a bit overwhelming and intimidating for new users. Since my background is in design, I set up to improve the user experience based on my own experiences learning to use Mayan.
The result has been released here: https://github.com/zhoubear/open-paperless. This is my first release and being new to open source, git, etc, I made some mistakes but most have been fixed.

While working on the new front end, I also fixed a few usability issues. I would like to submit these to the main project but don't know how to go about doing it.

I hope you like what I'm trying to do and can give me some hints on how to continue improving it.

Thanks

[Mayan EDMS: 2235] Re: New Mayan user interface project

Lin Pro
On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 8:17:31 PM UTC-6, [hidden email] wrote:
Hello all,
[ ... ]
I hope you like what I'm trying to do and can give me some hints on how to continue improving it.

Hi,
Thank you for sharing the info about the fork of Mayan EDMS. Open-Paperless seems to be well setup on github. Before you go a separate path try to contribute some of your code back to Mayan EDMS.
But frankly, what Mayan lacks right now is community support. There is no way to get help on the news group. Just have a look at the number of 1-post messages (no-replies). There is a million dollars for whoever can find a solution to improve community support here for Mayan EDMS.

Regards
Lin