[Mayan EDMS: 2226] Use 'Document Type' as a option in Indexes.

[Mayan EDMS: 2226] Use 'Document Type' as a option in Indexes.

Herco Van Dyk
Hi!

I am building indexes and would like one the child nodes be presented as the actual 'document type' container.

The example in the docs make use of 'has_metadata_of', but I would want to use something to the effect of 'is_of_doctype'.

For example:
I have a metadata value EmployeeNumber, along with 3 document types, IDDocument, Transaction, PerviousPayment. So the nodes would look something like this;

{{ document.metadata_value_of.EmployeeNumber }}
    {{ document.is_of_doctype.IDDocument }}
    {{ document.is_of_doctype.Transaction }}
    {{ document.is_of_doctype.PreviousPayments }}

The rendered index would look something like this:

Employee Number Index
     #4837738
         ID Document (actual container)
               Document1
          Transaction (actual container)
               Doc2
               Doc3
               Doc4
          Previous Payment (actual container)
               Doc5
               Doc6

Any advice on how to achieve this would be great.

One workaround would be to add the doctype to the document as metadata when the document is created, but surely there must be a more elegant solution.

Thanks all!

[Mayan EDMS: 2239] Use 'Document Type' as a option in Indexes.

Lin Pro
Hello I do not have an answer but I would like to augment your question by another one. In the concepts section of Mayan documentation it states that:

Indexes are an automatic method to hierarchically organize documents in relation to their properties (Metadata, label, MIME type, etc)."

How to bild an index in relation to the value of label?

Is the following correct:
{{document.label_value_of.clientID}}

on condition that clientID is the slug used in label?

Thanks
Lin