[Mayan EDMS: 2207] Germany GoDB

Bernhard-2
I have seen here (http://www.pflegeleicht.it/evaluation_dms), that Mayan does not conform to German regulation for "IT-supported accounting systems". This is a show stopper for nearly all small companies, because this storage is mandatory for all tax relevant documents.
The main requirements are (translation from text by agorum by babelfish.de):

Reading: Document can be made visible at any time
Timely archiving: It must be ensured that every document can be archived at the earliest possible date
Plausibility check of completeness: All documents arrive completely
Image and content match: The scanned document must match the original image
Indexing: traceability checked
Immutability and history: document can not be deleted, change only with history   (*)
Authorization concept: user rights checked
Retention period: Check the duration of the retention period       (*)
Output options: Document can be exported and printed
User documentation: Changes made and checked within the procedure description for the user

I am really very very new to all of this, but we all have to deal with these regulations somehow. I think the two requirements marked with (*) are the crucial points. (But this is a newbies opinion only)

Is it really like this, or became Mayan GoDB compliant in last releases? When not, are there any plans to add this?

Thank you,
Bernhard

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2207] Germany GoDB

Mathias Behrle
* 'Bernhard' via Mayan EDMS: " [Mayan EDMS: 2207] Germany GoDB" (Sun, 26 Nov
  2017 06:18:12 -0800 (PST)):

> I have seen here (http://www.pflegeleicht.it/evaluation_dms), that Mayan
> does not conform to German regulation for "IT-supported accounting
> systems".

The document is from Mar 26, 2015 and doesn't explain how GoB conformity was
evaluated in detail and which points should be missing.

> this storage is mandatory for all tax relevant documents.
> The main requirements are (translation from text by agorum by
> babelfish.de):
>
> Reading: Document can be made visible at any time
> Timely archiving: It must be ensured that every document can be archived at
> the earliest possible date
> Plausibility check of completeness: All documents arrive completely
> Image and content match: The scanned document must match the original image
>
> Indexing: traceability checked
> Immutability and history: document can not be deleted, change only with
> history   (*)
> Authorization concept: user rights checked
> Retention period: Check the duration of the retention period       (*)
> Output options: Document can be exported and printed
> User documentation: Changes made and checked within the procedure
> description for the user
I wouldn't base my research on the announcements of a competitor but directly
on the published text of the ministery which should be

http://www.bundesfinanzministerium.de/Content/DE/Downloads/BMF_Schreiben/Weitere_Steuerthemen/Abgabenordnung/Datenzugriff_GDPdU/2014-11-14-GoBD.pdf

Basically I couldn't find any point that couldn't be satisfied with a well
configured Mayan-EDMS, but my personal evaluation dates from quite a while ago.
So better to verify yourself...

> I am really very very new to all of this, but we all have to deal with
> these regulations somehow. I think the two requirements marked with (*) are
> the crucial points. (But this is a newbies opinion only)
>
> Is it really like this, or became Mayan GoDB compliant in last releases?
> When not, are there any plans to add this?
>
> Thank you,
> Bernhard

Regards,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle ✧ Debian Developer
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2209] Germany GoDB

Bernhard-2

Basically I couldn't find any point that couldn't be satisfied with a well
configured Mayan-EDMS,

Thanks Mathias, this is a very useful statement for me.
I will try to find my way through all these papers and the configuration.

 Regards,
Bernhard

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2392] Germany GoDB

Michael Price
The link is dead now. But from what I've seen some companies publish blog posts which nothing more than negative publicity because they sell a competing product. It is called negative SEO. Mayan EDMS (and by extension Mayan EDMS NG) comply with most of these.

- Reading: Document can be made visible at any time
Supported. The documents are rendered with a visualization app. Preview is controlled with permissions.

- Timely archiving: It must be ensured that every document can be archived at the earliest possible date
Not supported. But trivial to add. There is already support for trashing and deleting document automatically based on a schedule.

- Plausibility check of completeness: All documents arrive completely
Supported. Documents are not modified, ever. All changes are done/emulated via the database and the UI. The document file remain untouched.

- Image and content match: The scanned document must match the original image
Unknown. This one doesn't make sense.

- Indexing: traceability checked
Supported. There are at least three ways to index document in Mayan. All documents are searchable from the moment they are uploaded.

- Immutability and history: document can not be deleted, change only with history
Supported. The event log of the document is not writable, cannot be changed.

- Authorization concept: user rights checked
Supported. Role base access control.

- Retention period: Check the duration of the retention period
Supported.  Retention periods are configure in the document type window.

- Output options: Document can be exported and printed
Partial. Documents can be printed and downloaded. Not yet exported in other formats.

- User documentation: Changes made and checked within the procedure description for the user
Supported.  There is ample documentation only. There is support for workflows for each document type.