[Mayan EDMS: 2162] Rebuilding indexes with Nginx production environment.

[Mayan EDMS: 2162] Rebuilding indexes with Nginx production environment.

Herco Van Dyk
Hi All!

I am having some trouble rebuilding indexes with a mayan production environment.

With the system running through nginx, I use the 'Tools' menu to 'Rebuild all Indexes'. The front end comes back with a message "Index rebuild queued successfully". However, no indexes are rebuilt.

How should I manually rebuild or schedule an index rebuild while running a production environment with nginx?

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2162] Rebuilding indexes with Nginx production environment.

Dave Kimmel
Hi Herco,

I use nginx to run my Mayan instance and rebuilding indexes works correctly.

Have you got the other Mayan services running (these run through supervisord in the advanced deployment)?  “supervisorctl status” should show that mayan-beat, mayan-worker, and mayan-uwsgi are running.  Generally when I’ve had weird problems like this it’s because one of the services isn’t running.

Also, if one of your indexes has an error in the definition (e.g., a syntax error or something that doesn’t work) in the tree template it won’t get built, but you won’t get an error either.  This has bit me a few times too.

Thanks,
-- Dave Kimmel

On Oct 9, 2017, at 07:43, Herco Van Dyk <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All!

I am having some trouble rebuilding indexes with a mayan production environment.

With the system running through nginx, I use the 'Tools' menu to 'Rebuild all Indexes'. The front end comes back with a message "Index rebuild queued successfully". However, no indexes are rebuilt.

How should I manually rebuild or schedule an index rebuild while running a production environment with nginx?

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2166] Rebuilding indexes with Nginx production environment.

Herco Van Dyk
Thanks Dave!

I have all three processes running:

mayan-beat                       RUNNING   pid 15029, uptime 15:53:09
mayan-uwsgi                      RUNNING   pid 15030, uptime 15:53:09
mayan-worker                     RUNNING   pid 15028, uptime 15:53:09

 I am contemplating calling the 'rebuild' method from the Index model through a command shell to see what it does. Will play around with it locally first.