[Mayan EDMS: 2154] searching 'All Documents'

[Mayan EDMS: 2154] searching 'All Documents'

Douglas Van Es
hello all.

i have a quick question:

we are scanning invoices here. the user walks up to our scanner and types
in the number of the invoice as a filename. the sacanner dumps a pdf into
a watch folder on our fileserver. i have a transformation set up to
rotate 270 degress because our users scan in landscape...this is all
working perfectly.

is there a way to search 'All Documents' for a given file? i can't seem
to find this and feel that i must be missing something...

i searched through the posts on this group, and see references to a
search function in past versions. is it not present?

tia

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2158] searching 'All Documents'

Jonathon Exley
Select Advanced Search for documents, from the home page.
Enter your filename search in the Label: field.
That seems to work for me.

Jonathon.

On Oct 6, 2017 09:43, "Douglas Van Es" <[hidden email]> wrote:
hello all.

i have a quick question:

we are scanning invoices here. the user walks up to our scanner and types
in the number of the invoice as a filename. the sacanner dumps a pdf into
a watch folder on our fileserver. i have a transformation set up to
rotate 270 degress because our users scan in landscape...this is all
working perfectly.

is there a way to search 'All Documents' for a given file? i can't seem
to find this and feel that i must be missing something...

i searched through the posts on this group, and see references to a
search function in past versions. is it not present?

tia

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2163] Re: searching 'All Documents'

Douglas Van Es
our xerox machines are all in the 5800 or 7800 series. i have a linux
fileserver with a share that the xerox machines use as a samba file repo
for workflow scanning.

i'd have to go on site to verify this, but i am pretty sure our users
drop documents into the feeder with the long edge, 11", to the left
against the feeder. so the documents end up being scanned in landscape
mode.

i opened the mayan interface, logged in as admin, went to system/setup/
sources/ and selected the watch folder that the xerox machines dump pdf's
into.

selected transformations and from the dropdown i chose rotate 270 degrees.

hth

doug

On Mon, 09 Oct 2017 06:31:25 -0700, David Kornahrens wrote:

> Can you let me know what code you are using for transformations?  I'm
> having a difficulty with one of my Xerox's and Mayan auto rotating.
>
> Thx,
> David
>
> On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 4:43:23 PM UTC-4, Douglas Van Es wrote:
>>
>> hello all.
>>
>> i have a quick question:
>>
>> we are scanning invoices here. the user walks up to our scanner and
>> types in the number of the invoice as a filename. the sacanner dumps a
>> pdf into a watch folder on our fileserver. i have a transformation set
>> up to rotate 270 degress because our users scan in landscape...this is
>> all working perfectly.
>>
>> is there a way to search 'All Documents' for a given file? i can't seem
>> to find this and feel that i must be missing something...
>>
>> i searched through the posts on this group, and see references to a
>> search function in past versions. is it not present?
>>
>> tia

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2164] searching 'All Documents'

Douglas Van Es
well, that was certainly hiding in plain sight! haha.

i think what was happening was that i was quickly dropping into the /
documents/all documents page and blowing right through the dashboard...

thanks very much!

doug