[Mayan EDMS: 2144] Date parser confuses my user

Ben

[Mayan EDMS: 2144] Date parser confuses my user

Ben
Hi,
I'm wondering if there is an easier way to parse a datetime object according to the local profile a user has.
I have a metadata entity that represents a date , validating and parsing is enabled. Despite what local profile a user is using, the entered data will, if possible always interpreted as mdy:

2/11/2000 > 2000--02-11 but
15/03/2000 > 2000-03-15

Technical I understand of course what happens here.But for a user it's confusing.

I'm working in a multilingual environment, profiles are therefor different. Most of the users have a British background so they prefer ddmmyy and that an input like 2/11/2000 renders to 2nd November 2000.
So I modified metadata/parsers.py to:

class DateParser(MetadataParser):
    def execute(self, input_data):
        return parse(input_data,dayfirst=True).date().isoformat()

But this is now hard coded...

Any ideas to make it more flexible?

Ben