[Mayan EDMS: 2138] Removing Menus/Options

[Mayan EDMS: 2138] Removing Menus/Options

Diego R.
Hello,
First of all, congratulations on the project, Mayan-EDMS looks great.  I've installed very easily and everything is working great.
My question is, i need a very simple EDMS,  i really don't want "Workflow" "Cabinets" "Checkouts" "Tags" and etc. It's too much information for my needs and my users, i just need a very simple Document archive with a search function and Roles/Groups/Users. That's it. Can you explain me how (if possible) can i remove this menus/options/ i don't want to use?
Thank you in advance.

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2138] Removing Menus/Options

Dave Kimmel
Hi Diego,

There was some discussion on this a little while back and it seems like the way to do this is to create your own app within Mayan/Django and add some code into its initialization to remove the items.

This message has some details, including code, of how that should work:  <a href="https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mayan-edms/unbind|sort:relevance/mayan-edms/5411pkKBXoE/2_MbUD5dFQAJ">https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mayan-edms/unbind|sort:relevance/mayan-edms/5411pkKBXoE/2_MbUD5dFQAJ   The bugs mentioned in the message seem to have been fixed in current versions of Mayan.

There is a bit of documentation on how to set up a new app within Mayan/Django in the Mayan docs, but you might need to look at the Django docs to fill in some gaps.

I'm looking at doing some of this in the future, but I haven't actually built anything yet.

Thanks,
-- Dave

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Diego R. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
First of all, congratulations on the project, Mayan-EDMS looks great.  I've installed very easily and everything is working great.
My question is, i need a very simple EDMS,  i really don't want "Workflow" "Cabinets" "Checkouts" "Tags" and etc. It's too much information for my needs and my users, i just need a very simple Document archive with a search function and Roles/Groups/Users. That's it. Can you explain me how (if possible) can i remove this menus/options/ i don't want to use?
Thank you in advance.

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2141] Removing Menus/Options

Diego R.
Thanks David,
The thing is, i know nothing about Django and i have no idea on how to even start to create my own app within Mayan/Django. I was hoping to have a quick option like commenting some lines of code to prevent que menu option to appear or something, maybe "creating my own app" is the "quick option" and i'm just too ignorant on the matter so if there is a guide/step-by-step somewhere, can you link me please because i don't even know where to start but i really want to give it a try. Thanks again.

This message has some details, including code, of how that should work:  <a href="https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mayan-edms/unbind%7Csort:relevance/mayan-edms/5411pkKBXoE/2_MbUD5dFQAJ" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mayan-edms/unbind%7Csort:relevance/mayan-edms/5411pkKBXoE/2_MbUD5dFQAJ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mayan-edms/unbind%7Csort:relevance/mayan-edms/5411pkKBXoE/2_MbUD5dFQAJ&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mayan-edms/unbind|sort:relevance/mayan-edms/5411pkKBXoE/2_MbUD5dFQAJ   The bugs mentioned in the message seem to have been fixed in current versions of Mayan.

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Diego R. <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="bb7xErYRAQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">dieg...@...> wrote: