[Mayan EDMS: 2107] Uploaded a few PDF within a .tar.gz archive (without paths), Mayan failed to process them

[Mayan EDMS: 2107] Uploaded a few PDF within a .tar.gz archive (without paths), Mayan failed to process them

Hans Fritz
I was wondering how the compressed files upload works.

I added a few PDF files to a tar.gz archive which I uploaded through the web importer. I checked the decompress files checkbox. But the worker errors saying that Pillow couldn't find the number of pages in the document (which is still gzipped once moved to Mayan's media storage dir, according to the `file` command). It would seem that the tar.gz archive is never unpacked, and Mayan tries to process it as if it were a regular document.

What archive formats are supported? Should the archives be packed in a specific way? The host running Mayan has all the necessary binaries for handling gzipped tar files.

[Mayan EDMS: 2111] Re: Uploaded a few PDF within a .tar.gz archive (without paths), Mayan failed to process them

At the moment only Zip files are supported. Here is the issue for adding Tar and Gzip support too: https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/7. You can subscribe to the issue to be notified when it is closed. Work on this began some time ago in this branch: https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/tree/feature/improved_compressed_handler

The goal is to have this ready for the 3.0 release.

On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 12:12:34 PM UTC-4, Hans Fritz wrote:
I was wondering how the compressed files upload works.

I added a few PDF files to a tar.gz archive which I uploaded through the web importer. I checked the decompress files checkbox. But the worker errors saying that Pillow couldn't find the number of pages in the document (which is still gzipped once moved to Mayan's media storage dir, according to the `file` command). It would seem that the tar.gz archive is never unpacked, and Mayan tries to process it as if it were a regular document.

What archive formats are supported? Should the archives be packed in a specific way? The host running Mayan has all the necessary binaries for handling gzipped tar files.

[Mayan EDMS: 2114] Re: Uploaded a few PDF within a .tar.gz archive (without paths), Mayan failed to process them

Hans Fritz
Good to know, thanks

At the moment only Zip files are supported. Here is the issue for adding Tar and Gzip support too: <a href="https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/7" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fissues%2F7\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHCSff4sD91pbV-FAo5Q9Ka4Sn12w&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fissues%2F7\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHCSff4sD91pbV-FAo5Q9Ka4Sn12w&#39;;return true;">https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/7. You can subscribe to the issue to be notified when it is closed. Work on this began some time ago in this branch: <a href="https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/tree/feature/improved_compressed_handler" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Ftree%2Ffeature%2Fimproved_compressed_handler\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFrNDuNDKC21hz4gLLJ7KKBnaNiBw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Ftree%2Ffeature%2Fimproved_compressed_handler\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFrNDuNDKC21hz4gLLJ7KKBnaNiBw&#39;;return true;">https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/tree/feature/improved_compressed_handler