[Mayan EDMS: 1994] Limit number of OCR processes

[Mayan EDMS: 1994] Limit number of OCR processes

Mirco Hansen
Hi,

is there a way to limit the number of OCR processes running at the same time? If I upload lots of documents the OCR in the background makes Mayan mostly unusable so I want to limit the number of background jobs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mirco

[Mayan EDMS: 1996] Re: Limit number of OCR processes

You can control the number of OCR processes using the "--concurrency=1" setting of Celery on the worker managing the OCR queue. This causes Celery to executye

For example (from the Docker image):

python /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mayan/bin/mayan-edms.py celery --settings=mayan.settings.production worker -Ofair -l ERROR -Q mailing,ocr,tools,statistics -n mayan-worker-slow.%%h --concurrency=1

If you are still running out of memory you can add the --concurrency=1 setting to the other workers to control the conversion and display processes.

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 1:07:55 PM UTC-4, Mirco Hansen wrote:
Hi,

is there a way to limit the number of OCR processes running at the same time? If I upload lots of documents the OCR in the background makes Mayan mostly unusable so I want to limit the number of background jobs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mirco

[Mayan EDMS: 1996] Re: Limit number of OCR processes

Rest of second line:

This causes Celery to execute just one worker process as opposed to one process for each CPU core.

http://docs.celeryproject.org/en/latest/userguide/workers.html#concurrency

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 9:26:36 PM UTC-4, Roberto Rosario wrote:
Hi,

[...]

[Mayan EDMS: 2013] Re: Limit number of OCR processes

Mirco Hansen
Hi Roberto,

thanks a lot for your support - works perfectly.

Regards
Mirco

Hi,