[Mayan EDMS: 1961] Multipage PDF seen as single page in Mayan. (Version 2.1.6)

[Mayan EDMS: 1961] Multipage PDF seen as single page in Mayan. (Version 2.1.6)

Herco Van Dyk
Hi,

I have uploaded multipage PDFs to a mayan instance, but when viewing the documents in Mayan they only have one page. The page_count property also reflects 1 page.

When I download the uploaded pdf from the mayan instance, the downloaded pdf is multipage again.

What can be done to rectify this?

By using a combination of pdfimages and tiff2pdf, I am able to create a pdf that works as expected in mayan.

I can programatically convert all the documents in my mayan system, but is there a simple way to "refresh" mayan to use/index the new file? Or to recreate the multiple pages and page_count property?

Thanks!
Herco Van Dyk!

[Mayan EDMS: 1962] Re: Multipage PDF seen as single page in Mayan. (Version 2.1.6)

PDF is a collection of specifications and some are broken or poorly implemented. A fix for a type of PDF can break other types of PDF already working. Example after adding orientation detection we discovered for PDF files that had a reference value instead of a numerical value as the rotation degrees for the page (https://github.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/261).

Once the issue is solved, you can go to select the PDF files you want rescanned and select "Recalculate page count" to fix them, no need to re-upload them.

Can you share one of those PDF files to run tests, with no private information, preferably blank if possible. Thanks!