[Mayan EDMS: 1957] Custom Forms

Gellért Lukács
Hello everyone,

(as this is my first question, let me express my gratitude towards the developer community)

and the question: is it possible to create one or more custom form(s) for a document type? We would like to use Mayan EDMS in a document workflow environment where metadata fields needs to be added in subsequent workflow steps (like inspecting the document and transcribing doc content into metadata fields).

Ge,

[Mayan EDMS: 1965] Re: Custom Forms

Hi, thanks!

The idea for dynamic data entry forms has been bounced a few times before. With their initial implementation for the mailing profiles (https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/master/mayan/apps/common/forms.py#L87) (https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/mayan/apps/mailer/forms.py#L87) and the planned refactor to the workflow engine this might be be included, schedule permitting.

Can you provide more context about your use case to have more idea how to implement this? Do you plan to allow the data entry on specific workflow states for example? Thanks.