[Mayan EDMS: 1858] Recent Documents

David Kornahrens
I'm having a hard time understanding the recent document section.

I'm the master user, so is there a setting where I can change "recent documents" to display truly the recent documents for all users?

I would like this as a review of what information is loaded into the system.

Thanks,
David

[Mayan EDMS: 1859] Re: Recent Documents

The recent document section list you user's recent document only. Recent documents are new documents you may have uploaded or the latest document you have accessed or viewed.

A way to truly access all recently added documents in the system would be to use a simple review workflow. Workflows are fired as soon as a document is created.
A simple 2 or 3 state workflow can be used to make sure you have reviewed most new documents. Another option (but this one requires manual effort) is to
add a tag to all new documents ("Unreviewed" or similar) and you remove the tag after reviewing the document.

For an overview of the amount of new documents check the statistics section under the "Tools" menu. The 6 default entries give a general overview of how your document base grows.
You can add your own charts too. The 6 base charts update daily but this can be changed too.

Lastly, "Data filters" section in the "Tools" menu allows you to create filtered list of documents based on your own criteria. Two example filters are included but you can create your own.

On Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 9:19:07 PM UTC-4, David Kornahrens wrote:
I'm having a hard time understanding the recent document section.

I'm the master user, so is there a setting where I can change "recent documents" to display truly the recent documents for all users?

I would like this as a review of what information is loaded into the system.

Thanks,
David

[Mayan EDMS: 1860] Re: Recent Documents

David Kornahrens
Thanks Roberto,
Just so I can understand the Workflow idea and the settings behind it, could you let me know the steps needed to review all recent docs?

I just created a new Workflow, and I see options for States, Transitions, Document Types, Edit, and ACL's.

Just not really sure where to go from here to accomplish my goal.  I think once I understand how this is supposed to look, I can figure it out.

Thanks!