[Mayan EDMS: 1850] mimetype configuration...

[Mayan EDMS: 1850] mimetype configuration...

Kevin Lyda
I uploaded a mail message into Mayan and it was detected as mimetype "message/rfc822". Unfortunately the All Documents link then rendered a blank page.

I'm wondering how to set a renderer for mimetypes or how to map a mime type onto another. For now I added some text to the start of the message which caused it to be detected as text/plain.

Also the REST API for a new document does not allow you to set your own mimetype. Might that be a thing to add?

Kevin

[Mayan EDMS: 1856] Re: mimetype configuration...

The mimetype app does its best to determine the mime type as the entire image conversion pipeline is based on mimetypes.
In theory, it should be able to add the possibility of changing the mimetype. I would prefer to add support for the "message/rfc822" directly.
Either by typecasting it as a text file (https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/master/mayan/apps/converter/classes.py#L41) or adding explicit support to render email and .eml type files.

How can I duplicate uploading a "message/rfc822" type email document? Steps to product one using Linux command lines for example, to add an unit test.