[Mayan EDMS: 1824] SANE Scanner

David Kornahrens
I see the new addition to using a SANE Scanner.

Where will it put these files once we get this setup?  On the other sources, we select a Document Type, even though I think we should just have a staging folder until someone adds tags or document types to it.

Thx,
David

[Mayan EDMS: 1830] Re: SANE Scanner

The SANE source uploads the document directly to Mayan from the scanner. This is my setup for the EPSON Workforce WF-3640 I'm using. The 'device name' "epson2:net:192.168.11.122" is returned by scanning the network with SANE's command:

scanimage -L

when SANE's Python library improve in the future this can be made from Mayan itself.

When uploading documents I just use the same steps as when using the webform.

In this window I select 'Epson', then place the document to scan in the scanner's flatbed and press "Scan". Mayan accesses the scanner, scans the paper document and makes it available as a Mayan document directly without having to store it in a folder. The process is still synchronous so the UI will block or "freeze" while scanning. As more users test and provide feedback it can be made asynchronous and much faster (like when using paper feeders for bulk scanning). The SANE source eliminates the need to scan documents using other software prior to upload them to Mayan. The drawback is that USB or IP access is required. If using Mayan in the cloud that means a VPN or tunnel to access the on-site scanner from the cloud.

On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 2:26:14 PM UTC-4, David Kornahrens wrote:
I see the new addition to using a SANE Scanner.

Where will it put these files once we get this setup?  On the other sources, we select a Document Type, even though I think we should just have a staging folder until someone adds tags or document types to it.

Thx,
David

[Mayan EDMS: 1836] Re: SANE Scanner

guneet kaur
Please visit Epson Wf 3640 Manual for wireless connection Setup.

[Mayan EDMS: 1842] Re: SANE Scanner

I had it working via wireless. It is more practical but slower too. At the end switched to a small 4 port hub directly connecting the scanner and my micro appliance and scans much faster.

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 7:49:19 AM UTC-4, guneet kaur wrote:
Please visit <a href="http://guideusermanual.com/product-name-workforce-wf-3640-manual&amp;po=152836&amp;lang=English" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fguideusermanual.com%2Fproduct-name-workforce-wf-3640-manual%26po%3D152836%26lang%3DEnglish\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH7kQq6eLGkx-YxdjC5mXIDpnmxig&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fguideusermanual.com%2Fproduct-name-workforce-wf-3640-manual%26po%3D152836%26lang%3DEnglish\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH7kQq6eLGkx-YxdjC5mXIDpnmxig&#39;;return true;">Epson Wf 3640 Manual for wireless connection Setup.