[Mayan EDMS: 1815] User & Permission Copying

[Mayan EDMS: 1815] User & Permission Copying

Gerrit Van Dyk
We have 2 mayan instances, each holding different documents.

We would like to synchronise the users, groups, roles and permissions between the 2 instances.

1) What is the easiest way of doing this?

2) Which tables could we backup on the 1st instance and restore to the second, as the user, role and group management all happen on the first instance?

[Mayan EDMS: 1818] Re: User & Permission Copying

Unless you want to do master/slave replication I would advise against copying database tables.

For a merge style synchronization of two instances the best way would be to use the API.
Since the API is REST it can be done from any language or from a small Python API client using the
Python library (https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/python_api_client).