[Mayan EDMS: 1806] Backing up the docker data container while mayan-edms is running

[Mayan EDMS: 1806] Backing up the docker data container while mayan-edms is running

Hans Fritz
Can it potentially corrupt the backup if the mayan-edms docker container isn't stopped while the backup is being made? I'm using the sqlite3 datastore.

My instincts tell me that it can get corrupted if Mayan writes to the sqlite database while it's being archived, but I'd like to make sure.

[Mayan EDMS: 1831] Re: Backing up the docker data container while mayan-edms is running

It seems there is an API for live backups of SQLite (https://www.sqlite.org/backup.html), so in theory it is possible with other tools.

The link https://www.sqlite.org/howtocorrupt.html mentions:

Systems that run automatic backups in the background might try to make a backup copy of an SQLite database file while it is in the middle of a transaction. The backup copy then might contain some old and some new content, and thus be corrupt.

I agree, the best and simplest approach is to stop Mayan and then do the backup.