[Mayan EDMS: 1786] Installation initialization failure: "/usr/local/entrypoint.sh: line 34: exec: mayan:init: not found

[Mayan EDMS: 1786] Installation initialization failure: "/usr/local/entrypoint.sh: line 34: exec: mayan:init: not found

steverpalmer27
Hi,
I've trying to install Mayan EDMS for the first time, following the instructions on the web site (en/v2.3/topics/installation.html)...

 * I successfully installed docker (getting the hello world to run)

 * I succeeded in the pull (docker pull mayanedms/mayanedms) after I added a sudo to the front.

 * but the next command (docker run --rm -v mayan_media:/var/lib/mayan -v mayan_settings:/etc/mayan mayanedms/mayanedms mayan:init), with sudo added, resulted in the following error:

    /usr/local/bin/entrypoint.sh: line 34: exec: mayan:init: not found

I've never used docker or mayan before, and am at a bit of a loss what to try next.  I've checked the FAQs and this forum, but not found anything.  The file "/usr/local/bin/entrypoint.sh" doesn't exist in my file system, so I'm assuming that docker is doing something clever.

FYI, I am running Gnome Ubuntu 16.04LTS (xenial), which is fully up-to-date (aptitude update and upgrade).

Can anyone provide a pointer?

Cheers,
Steve

[Mayan EDMS: 1788] Re: Installation initialization failure: "/usr/local/entrypoint.sh: line 34: exec: mayan:init: not found

steverpalmer27
OK, I've found some different hieroglyphs which seem to be working better:

    sudo docker run -d --name mayan-edms --restart=always -p 8080:80 -v mayan_data:/var/lib/mayan mayanedms/mayanedms:2.3

Cheers,
Steve

On Tuesday, 13 June 2017 11:01:04 UTC+1, [hidden email] wrote:
[...]

[Mayan EDMS: 1794] Re: Installation initialization failure: "/usr/local/entrypoint.sh: line 34: exec: mayan:init: not found

The official documentation was not building correctly for some unknown reason at the documentation hosting site that is the reason for the two installation procedures.
The documentation is now building correctly and all version of the install procedure are the same.

For Docker, the complete documentation is at: hub.docker.com/r/mayanedms/mayanedms/

Including customization, backups, upgrades instructions.