[Mayan EDMS: 1775] Cabinet Permissions

David Kornahrens
I'm having a slight problem understanding the workflow in terms of restricting data.

So I have a user "Test" that I have assigned to "Group A".

"Group A" has been granted a role of "standard users" with permissions to view cabinets (but only because I want them to see Cabinet "A" and see the structure.  Then I selected to allow that role to "view documents".

However, it appears they can now see each cabinet and all the documents within.

What am I missing here?  How can I get Cabinet A to only be viewable to "Cabinet A".   Cabinet B to only be viewable by Cabinet B and so forth?

Of course, Admin's will be able to view across cabinets.  If this is not a possibility, this extremely limits our ability to utilize this platform.

[Mayan EDMS: 1837] Re: Cabinet Permissions

cmdsouza1410
Hi,

Have similar problems with permissions,

have created cabinets for different groups of people with appropriate acls applied,
However am not being able to see the cabinets while trying to move the docs by a user to a specific cabinet, if i assign the permission to the role "Add documents to cabinets", then the user is able to add the document to his assigned cabinet,

what is fail to understand is that he is able to add docs to cabinets to which he is not assigned permissions to, this is weird

is there a way to do this i tried all sorts of combinations but with the "Add documents to cabinets" permission at the role level he is able to move the doc to any cabinet he wants to.