[Mayan EDMS: 1772] Successfully Uploaded Documents but Mayan says I don't have any

[Mayan EDMS: 1772] Successfully Uploaded Documents but Mayan says I don't have any

Mark Phillips
I have installed the latest mayan edms on a test machine with a mysql backend. It appears to be working - ie it runs with no errors.

I created a document type and added some optional and required metadata to that document type. I uploaded several documents (tiff image and pdfs) for my new document type, and they are all in the mayan/media/document_storage/ folder. However, the mayan ui says I have no documents and when I search for these documents nothing is found.

When I uploaded the documents, I got as far as the upload screen, where I uploaded the document. The green check mark appeared, and that was it. Did I miss a step after that? There does not appear to be a next button on this screen. Did I miss a setup option somewhere to make the documents visible?

Thanks!

Mark

[Mayan EDMS: 1793] Re: Successfully Uploaded Documents but Mayan says I don't have any

Do you have the Celery worker(s) running? These are necessary for the background tasks to work of which uploads processing is one.
Check the logs of the worker(s) for errors connecting to the broker (Redis or RabbitMQ). You can also launch workers via the command line with:

./manage.py celery worker -l DEBUG

Check the logs of the UWSGI process (web frontend) too for errors.