[Mayan EDMS: 1711] Watch Folders not working - Error processing source: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ...

[Mayan EDMS: 1711] Watch Folders not working - Error processing source: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ...

Fabrizio Musella
 Hi, I'm trying to set up Mayan EDMS for the first time and I'm having some troubles with enabling Watch/Staging Folders, whatever the path i give, Mayan always returns the error "No such file or directory".
I have followed the instruction for install Mayan EDMS on a Lubuntu machine using docker.
The folders that I'm trying to use as Watch Folders are also public folders shared with Samba among the network, I have attached my smb.conf in case it would be helpful.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong or that I have misunderstood?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

smb.conf (9K) Download Attachment

[Mayan EDMS: 1712] Re: Watch Folders not working - Error processing source: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ...

Fabrizio Musella
The paths that I inserted for the two Watch Folder were:
  1. "/srv/samba/Acquisto"
  2. "/srv/samba/Vendita"

[Mayan EDMS: 1722] Re: Watch Folders not working - Error processing source: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ...

Bruno CAPELETO
Are MAYAN server and SAMBA server the same server ?

Le jeudi 18 mai 2017 21:00:59 UTC+2, Fabrizio Musella a écrit :
The paths that I inserted for the two Watch Folder were:
  1. "/srv/samba/Acquisto"
  2. "/srv/samba/Vendita"

[Mayan EDMS: 1731] Re: Watch Folders not working - Error processing source: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ...

That makes sense. Docker containers don't have access to the host files on purpose. You would need to mount the host watch folders you want to use as volumes. -> https://docs.docker.com/engine/tutorials/dockervolumes/#mount-a-host-directory-as-a-data-volume

Stop and remove the existing container, and add the following to the Docker run command:

To stop and remove:
docker stop mayan-edms
docker rm mayan-edms

The new fragment to add to the Docke run line:

-v /srv/samba/Acquisto:/srv/samba/Acquisto

Example:

docker run -d --name mayan-edms --restart=always -p 80:80 -v mayan_media:/var/lib/mayan -v mayan_settings:/etc/mayan -v /srv/samba/Acquisto:/srv/samba/Acquisto mayanedms/mayanedms

The host folder /srv/samba/Acquisto should now be accessible from inside the container.

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 12:13:44 PM UTC-4, Fabrizio Musella wrote:
[...]

Similar issue: https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms-docker/issues/2

On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 2:46:52 AM UTC-4, Roberto Rosario wrote:
Hi,
That makes sense. Docker containers don't have access to the host files on purpose. You would need to mount the host watch folders you want to use as volumes. -> <a href="https://docs.docker.com/engine/tutorials/dockervolumes/#mount-a-host-directory-as-a-data-volume" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fdocs.docker.com%2Fengine%2Ftutorials%2Fdockervolumes%2F%23mount-a-host-directory-as-a-data-volume\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEzOT2E868Utsjyo6mvfs39z65B8w&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fdocs.docker.com%2Fengine%2Ftutorials%2Fdockervolumes%2F%23mount-a-host-directory-as-a-data-volume\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEzOT2E868Utsjyo6mvfs39z65B8w&#39;;return true;">https://docs.docker.com/engine/tutorials/dockervolumes/#mount-a-host-directory-as-a-data-volume

[...]

[Mayan EDMS: 1739] Re: Watch Folders not working - Error processing source: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ...

Fabrizio Musella
Hi Mr Rosario, thank you very much for the explanation, it all works now.

Keep up the good work with Mayan!

[Mayan EDMS: 1741] Re: Watch Folders not working - Error processing source: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ...

Good to hear! Will add this to the documentation.