Quantcast

[Mayan EDMS: 1594] What are Quick labels?

[Mayan EDMS: 1594] What are Quick labels?

Manuel Reiter
I noticed that one can create "Quick labels" per document type, but I didn't find any documentation on them. Could somebody explain what they are and how they are used?

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1594] What are Quick labels?

Jesaja Everling
Hey Manuel,

quick labels can be used to rename files automatically. At the moment, you need to add a file extension if you want the resulting file to have one (after it is downloaded etc.). There is an open ticket to add the correct extension automatically: https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/360

Hope this helps!

Jesaja

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Manuel Reiter <[hidden email]> wrote:
I noticed that one can create "Quick labels" per document type, but I didn't find any documentation on them. Could somebody explain what they are and how they are used?

Quick_rename.png (46K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1595] What are Quick labels?

Manuel Reiter
Hi Jesaja,

thanks, sounds useful. Are these static labels or can they be generated based on metadata?

Cheers,

  Manuel

Am 14.04.2017 um 16:18 schrieb Jesaja Everling:

> Hey Manuel,
>
> quick labels can be used to rename files automatically. At the moment, you need to add a file extension if you want the resulting file to have one (after it is downloaded etc.). There is an open ticket to add the correct extension automatically: https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/360
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Jesaja

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1596] What are Quick labels?

Jesaja Everling
They are static, but that's a great idea actually IMO! Maybe you can open a new issue?

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Manuel Reiter <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jesaja,

thanks, sounds useful. Are these static labels or can they be generated based on metadata?

Cheers,

  Manuel

Am 14.04.2017 um 16:18 schrieb Jesaja Everling:

> Hey Manuel,
>
> quick labels can be used to rename files automatically. At the moment, you need to add a file extension if you want the resulting file to have one (after it is downloaded etc.). There is an open ticket to add the correct extension automatically: https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/360
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Jesaja

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1597] What are Quick labels?

Manuel Reiter
https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/375