[Mayan EDMS: 1586] Restrict access to 'previous versions' of a file

[Mayan EDMS: 1586] Restrict access to 'previous versions' of a file

MacRobb Simpson
Hello,
Is there any way to restrict access to previous versions of a file?
I'd like to be able to use an ACL to prevent most of my users from seeing past versions, and only select ones can see/use them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Rob

[Mayan EDMS: 1624] Re: Restrict access to 'previous versions' of a file

There is not way right now to do that. There is already a new version create and a version revert permissions, so you are covered in the situation that they can see the list of versions but can revert a document back to a previous version.
The easiest implementation would be to add a document version list view permission to block being able to even see the list in the first place (this would go in line with how permissions work for most other areas).

Is this what you had in mind?

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 5:19:31 PM UTC-4, MacRobb Simpson wrote:
Hello,
Is there any way to restrict access to previous versions of a file?
I'd like to be able to use an ACL to prevent most of my users from seeing past versions, and only select ones can see/use them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Rob

[Mayan EDMS: 1638] Re: Restrict access to 'previous versions' of a file

MacRobb Simpson
Yeah, that'll work.

[Mayan EDMS: 1642] Re: Restrict access to 'previous versions' of a file

Added as issue #379 https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/379

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 2:10:45 PM UTC-4, MacRobb Simpson wrote:
Yeah, that'll work.