Quantcast

[Mayan EDMS: 1562] Import and change/override date

[Mayan EDMS: 1562] Import and change/override date

bdillahu
There's probably multiple questions here, but :-)

1) Looks like, despite some conversation about a new version of the bulk upload command line tool, such a critter doesn't exist... anybody done such a thing before I start poking at it?

2) Related, is there any way to "force" a created date? I would like to import some old documents, and having all the tools reference the date of import doesn't seem right. Maybe I'm doing this wrong.

Thanks!
Bruce

[Mayan EDMS: 1568] Re: Import and change/override date

MacRobb Simpson
Just something to throw out there - I, too, will want to do this.
I didn't find anything either, so my solution is to just manipulate the DB.
I'm using a MySQL backend for my production version, but the SQLite DB is similar enough for this to work.
You will simply need to update the date_added field on documents_document:

 UPDATE `(db)`.`documents_document` SET `date_added` = '(original date)' WHERE `documents_document`.`id` =(id num);

You can, of course, script this - either generate a table of ID-to-values and use a join, or simply generate a bunch of statements like that for each document to be updated.

Note that doing this won't change the Events section on the document, which may or may not be a good thing(it will show an event for document created on the actual upload date)

On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 6:38:12 PM UTC-7, [hidden email] wrote:
There's probably multiple questions here, but :-)

1) Looks like, despite some conversation about a new version of the bulk upload command line tool, such a critter doesn't exist... anybody done such a thing before I start poking at it?

2) Related, is there any way to "force" a created date? I would like to import some old documents, and having all the tools reference the date of import doesn't seem right. Maybe I'm doing this wrong.

Thanks!
Bruce

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1569] Re: Import and change/override date

bdillahu
Makes sense... and probably the easiest way.

I kind of like having the even show the actual upload date (it is an event after all :-)), so that works out...

Appreciate it!

--
Bruce Dillahunty