[Mayan EDMS: 1561] FILE STORAGE IN REMOTE VOLUME

C V

[Mayan EDMS: 1561] FILE STORAGE IN REMOTE VOLUME

C V
I have installed mayan-edms in a virtual machine with ubuntu 16.04 server, I would like to connect the document_storage folder and the database postgresql to a Windows folder via cifs so all documents and the database are saved in the Windows folder. I read in the official documentation that I can do it but I don't understand how. Someone can help me ?, thanks

Fabio

[Mayan EDMS: 1868] Re: FILE STORAGE IN REMOTE VOLUME

You can do this in several ways. The most reliable and correct way would be to create a new storage driver for Mayan that support CIFS.

On the other hand, the easiest way would be to mount the external folder as Mayan's /media folder by modifying the file /etc/fstab so that it is mounted on every boot.
Reference: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MountWindowsSharesPermanently

To use an external Postgres database refer to Django's instructions here: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.11/ref/settings/#databases
In short you need to add something like this to your Mayan's settings/local.py file:

DATABASES = {
    'default': {
        'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.postgresql',
        'NAME': 'mydatabase',
        'USER': 'mydatabaseuser',
        'PASSWORD': 'mypassword',
        'HOST': '127.0.0.1',
        'PORT': '5432',
    }
}

On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 4:11:07 PM UTC-4, C V wrote:
I have installed mayan-edms in a virtual machine with ubuntu 16.04 server, I would like to connect the document_storage folder and the database postgresql to a Windows folder via cifs so all documents and the database are saved in the Windows folder. I read in the official documentation that I can do it but I don't understand how. Someone can help me ?, thanks

Fabio

C V

[Mayan EDMS: 2034] Re: FILE STORAGE IN REMOTE VOLUME

C V
Thank you for the reply.