Quantcast

[Mayan EDMS: 1557] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

[Mayan EDMS: 1557] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

Mark Phillips
I tried, as the default admin user, to upload a tiff file as a new document. I had a document type of Picture defined. I got an error that the image is too big. Please see the attached screen shot, as the error is a little weird in its presentation.

Where do I change the size limit on file uploads?

Thanks,

Mark

Screenshot from 2017-03-23 13:01:42.png (138K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1558] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

Mathias Behrle
* Mark Phillips: " [Mayan EDMS: 1557] Where do I adjust the size limit on
  uploads" (Thu, 23 Mar 2017 13:05:02 -0700):

> I tried, as the default admin user, to upload a tiff file as a new
> document. I had a document type of Picture defined. I got an error that the
> image is too big. Please see the attached screen shot, as the error is a
> little weird in its presentation.
>
> Where do I change the size limit on file uploads?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Since you seem to run behind nginx consider increasing

client_max_body_size

in your nginx configuration.

HTH,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1559] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

Jesaja Everling
You might also have to adjust the corresponding setting in your wsgi (e.g. uwsgi) config.

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Mathias Behrle <[hidden email]> wrote:
* Mark Phillips: " [Mayan EDMS: 1557] Where do I adjust the size limit on
  uploads" (Thu, 23 Mar 2017 13:05:02 -0700):

> I tried, as the default admin user, to upload a tiff file as a new
> document. I had a document type of Picture defined. I got an error that the
> image is too big. Please see the attached screen shot, as the error is a
> little weird in its presentation.
>
> Where do I change the size limit on file uploads?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Since you seem to run behind nginx consider increasing

client_max_body_size

in your nginx configuration.

HTH,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
    AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71  7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1607] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

This is the NGINX configuration file used in the Mayan Docker image. The max file size is set to 50 megabytes and the max upload wait time is 30 seconds. Both can be increased by any amount.

server {
    listen 80;

    location / {
        include uwsgi_params;
        uwsgi_pass unix:/run/mayan.sock;

        client_max_body_size 50M;  # Increase if your plan to upload bigger documents
        proxy_read_timeout 30s;  # Increase if your document uploads take more than 30 seconds
    }

    location /static {
        alias /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mayan/media/static;
        expires 1h;
    }

    location /favicon.ico {
        alias /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mayan/media/static/appearance/images/favicon.ico;
        expires 1h;
    }
}