[Mayan EDMS: 1557] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

[Mayan EDMS: 1557] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

Mark Phillips
I tried, as the default admin user, to upload a tiff file as a new document. I had a document type of Picture defined. I got an error that the image is too big. Please see the attached screen shot, as the error is a little weird in its presentation.

Where do I change the size limit on file uploads?

Thanks,

Mark

Screenshot from 2017-03-23 13:01:42.png (138K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1558] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

Mathias Behrle
* Mark Phillips: " [Mayan EDMS: 1557] Where do I adjust the size limit on
  uploads" (Thu, 23 Mar 2017 13:05:02 -0700):

> I tried, as the default admin user, to upload a tiff file as a new
> document. I had a document type of Picture defined. I got an error that the
> image is too big. Please see the attached screen shot, as the error is a
> little weird in its presentation.
>
> Where do I change the size limit on file uploads?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Since you seem to run behind nginx consider increasing

client_max_body_size

in your nginx configuration.

HTH,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1559] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

Jesaja Everling
You might also have to adjust the corresponding setting in your wsgi (e.g. uwsgi) config.

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Mathias Behrle <[hidden email]> wrote:
* Mark Phillips: " [Mayan EDMS: 1557] Where do I adjust the size limit on
  uploads" (Thu, 23 Mar 2017 13:05:02 -0700):

> I tried, as the default admin user, to upload a tiff file as a new
> document. I had a document type of Picture defined. I got an error that the
> image is too big. Please see the attached screen shot, as the error is a
> little weird in its presentation.
>
> Where do I change the size limit on file uploads?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Since you seem to run behind nginx consider increasing

client_max_body_size

in your nginx configuration.

HTH,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
    AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71  7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1607] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

This is the NGINX configuration file used in the Mayan Docker image. The max file size is set to 50 megabytes and the max upload wait time is 30 seconds. Both can be increased by any amount.

server {
    listen 80;

    location / {
        include uwsgi_params;
        uwsgi_pass unix:/run/mayan.sock;

        client_max_body_size 50M;  # Increase if your plan to upload bigger documents
        proxy_read_timeout 30s;  # Increase if your document uploads take more than 30 seconds
    }

    location /static {
        alias /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mayan/media/static;
        expires 1h;
    }

    location /favicon.ico {
        alias /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mayan/media/static/appearance/images/favicon.ico;
        expires 1h;
    }
}

On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 5:26:02 AM UTC-4, Jesaja Everling wrote:
You might also have to adjust the corresponding setting in your wsgi (e.g. uwsgi) config.

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Mathias Behrle <[hidden email]> wrote:
* Mark Phillips: " [Mayan EDMS: 1557] Where do I adjust the size limit on
  uploads" (Thu, 23 Mar 2017 13:05:02 -0700):

> I tried, as the default admin user, to upload a tiff file as a new
> document. I had a document type of Picture defined. I got an error that the
> image is too big. Please see the attached screen shot, as the error is a
> little weird in its presentation.
>
> Where do I change the size limit on file uploads?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Since you seem to run behind nginx consider increasing

client_max_body_size

in your nginx configuration.

HTH,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
    AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71  7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1816] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

David Kornahrens
Robert,
I cannot find where the Docker location is for the php.ini file.  We run NGINX and are hosted on Digital Ocean.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
David

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Mathias Behrle <<a href="javascript:" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="rlIXvYR7AQAJ" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">math...@...> wrote:
* Mark Phillips: " [Mayan EDMS: 1557] Where do I adjust the size limit on
  uploads" (Thu, 23 Mar 2017 13:05:02 -0700):

> I tried, as the default admin user, to upload a tiff file as a new
> document. I had a document type of Picture defined. I got an error that the
> image is too big. Please see the attached screen shot, as the error is a
> little weird in its presentation.
>
> Where do I change the size limit on file uploads?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Since you seem to run behind nginx consider increasing

client_max_body_size

in your nginx configuration.

HTH,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
    AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71  7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1820] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

There is no php.ini in Mayan, as it is a Python project all files end in .py.

To increase the file upload limits change the NGINX file as mentioned above. Inside a container this file is located in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/mayan-edms
If you wish to build a customized image, the NGINX file path is /etc/nginx/mayan-edms in the Docker image source files (https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms-docker).

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 1:52:45 PM UTC-4, David Kornahrens wrote:
Robert,
I cannot find where the Docker location is for the php.ini file.  We run NGINX and are hosted on Digital Ocean.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
David

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 11:13:50 AM UTC-4, Roberto Rosario wrote:
This is the NGINX configuration file used in the Mayan Docker image. The max file size is set to 50 megabytes and the max upload wait time is 30 seconds. Both can be increased by any amount.

server {
    listen 80;

    location / {
        include uwsgi_params;
        uwsgi_pass unix:/run/mayan.sock;

        client_max_body_size 50M;  # Increase if your plan to upload bigger documents
        proxy_read_timeout 30s;  # Increase if your document uploads take more than 30 seconds
    }

    location /static {
        alias /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mayan/media/static;
        expires 1h;
    }

    location /favicon.ico {
        alias /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mayan/media/static/appearance/images/favicon.ico;
        expires 1h;
    }
}

On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 5:26:02 AM UTC-4, Jesaja Everling wrote:
You might also have to adjust the corresponding setting in your wsgi (e.g. uwsgi) config.

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Mathias Behrle <[hidden email]> wrote:
* Mark Phillips: " [Mayan EDMS: 1557] Where do I adjust the size limit on
  uploads" (Thu, 23 Mar 2017 13:05:02 -0700):

> I tried, as the default admin user, to upload a tiff file as a new
> document. I had a document type of Picture defined. I got an error that the
> image is too big. Please see the attached screen shot, as the error is a
> little weird in its presentation.
>
> Where do I change the size limit on file uploads?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Since you seem to run behind nginx consider increasing

client_max_body_size

in your nginx configuration.

HTH,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
    AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71  7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1823] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

David Kornahrens
Roberto,
Apologize for asking this.  Feels like I'm beating a dead horse, but I used the docker install method and I cannot even find the NGINX folder at all.

I have navigated to /etc with no NGINX folder available.

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1827] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

Go inside the running container with:

docker exec -ti mayan-edms /bin/bash

This executes a bash shell inside the container. The command prompt should display something like this:

root@9210b0c7f945:/#

Now do a:

cat /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/mayan-edms

You should see the file contents.

There are no editors included in the container to cut size. To edit the file you need to install one using:

apt-get update && apt-get install vim -y

Afterwards use vi /etc/nginx/site-enabled/mayan-edms

Enter insert mode pressing the key <a>.
Make the changes.
Increase client_max_body_size (It's set at 500M = 500 megabytes).
Increase proxy_read_timeout (maximum time an upload can take before it timesout. It's set at 600s = 600 seconds = 10 minutes).
Leave insert mode pressing <ESC>
Save pressing <:> and then <w>
Exit the editor using <:> and then <q>

Restart the NGINX server using:

supervisorctl restart nginx

I'll check if NGINX supports environment variables, and make these settings configurable at runtime without having to edit this file.
This is not directly related to Mayan and therefore lower in the priority schedule, so it can take a while.

On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 2:16:36 PM UTC-4, David Kornahrens wrote:
Roberto,
Apologize for asking this.  Feels like I'm beating a dead horse, but I used the docker install method and I cannot even find the NGINX folder at all.

I have navigated to /etc with no NGINX folder available.

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1833] Where do I adjust the size limit on uploads

David Kornahrens
Thank you sir for the response.  I'll test in then morning.  I'm sure it will function as expected!