[Mayan EDMS: 1508] S3 document storage in 2.1.10

[Mayan EDMS: 1508] S3 document storage in 2.1.10

Scott Hanson
Hi,

I'm brand new to Mayan EDMS, but testing it for a couple of days it looks like it will be perfect for archiving invoices and other accounting documents (a few hundred PDFs per month) for our restaurant franchise. I'm especially excited about the API and S3 storage.

Despite not knowing much about Python or Django I was able to get S3 working with django-storages and boto3. I found the thread at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mayan-edms/tZjmn5u4y2A/oSbP4fLGMOUJ but it seems to be a bit out of date, so I thought I'd share my experience.

With a test install under virtualenv, after running "pip install django-storages" I added the following to venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mayan/settings/local.py

INSTALLED_APPS += ('storages',)

DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND = 'storages.backends.s3boto3.S3Boto3Storage'

AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID = 'xxx'

AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY = 'xxxxxxxx'

AWS_STORAGE_BUCKET_NAME =  'my-bucket-name'

AWS_S3_SIGNATURE_VERSION =  's3v4'

AWS_S3_SIGNATURE_VERSION is an undocumented setting for boto3 to use AWS4-HMAC-SHA256 authentication which is required at newer AWS regions like Frankfurt.

Hope this helps anyone else just getting started!

Scott

[Mayan EDMS: 1509] Re: S3 document storage in 2.1.10

This is excellent! Thank you very much!

Despite not knowing much about Python or Django I was able to get S3 working with django-storages and boto3. I found the thread at <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mayan-edms/tZjmn5u4y2A/oSbP4fLGMOUJ" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mayan-edms/tZjmn5u4y2A/oSbP4fLGMOUJ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mayan-edms/tZjmn5u4y2A/oSbP4fLGMOUJ&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mayan-edms/tZjmn5u4y2A/oSbP4fLGMOUJ but it seems to be a bit out of date, so I thought I'd share my experience.