[Mayan EDMS: 1486] WebDav FTP

Holger.H
Hi me and a friend reading today a lot about Mayan EDMS in case I search for our Family and small Business a place to store our papers.
Anyway, I have on or the other question.
How can I send Documents from my standalone Scanner via FTP to the ME and will you also grant access by WebDAV?
Mayan ansered tha this protocol is actually not supported. Is it possible to add generally this protocols to the API?
How can we support to add this function?
I use a groupware for Email communication and this groupware allows access via WebDAV and also by FTP to store mails and attachments and also to add attachments to mails, so it will be great if ME having this feature...maybe I am over read this information and possibility...that's only thing I am missing...by the way how easy is it to backup and restore the whole Datas to a new instance...

Best Holger

[Mayan EDMS: 1869] Re: WebDav FTP

Hi Holger,

What you can do is send the documents via FTP to a folder that Mayan's monitors using the Watch Folder source.
Also, starting with version 2.4, a SANE scanner source was added to allows Mayan to directly interface with scanners supported by the SANE project.
These scanner can be USB or networked. My personal Mayan instance scans directly from an EPSON WorkForce WF-3640 via ethernet.

The problem with WebDAV is that there are no proper libraries for it in Python. I've given it a couple of tries and have not been able to implement
a working setup for serving document via WebDAV. Adding WebDAV support (and CMIS) would be quite an
undertaking at the moment. One possibility would be to do a crowd-source (like Kickstarter) campaign and contract a developer proficient inĀ
WebDAV and Python to write the API for Mayan. Would that be something you would be interested in investing?