[Mayan EDMS: 1485] Linking Documents

stevexley
Hi,

I'm evaluating Mayan EDMS for a medical department.  I have an install up and running and it seems a very capable system.  One of our requirements is linking documents such that reference documents can be accessed easily without having to search separately. I've looked into the Smart Links but it seems like I would need to define metadata for each reference file and have a different document type for each document that references that metadata value. I read in another thread that there is no way to create a simple manual link between two documents.

My use case:

Protocol documents A, B, C , D
Reference documents 1, 2, 3

A and B both use data in 1 so need a link in each
A also uses data from 2 so has two links
C uses data from 3

Currently I have A-D as one document type and 1-3 as another.

Is there a simple way to do this without the number of document types, metadata types and smart links growing cumbersome?

I hope someone more experienced can help.

Steve

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1643] Re: Linking Documents

stevexley
Thanks, that's what I thought. Manual linking would be the only way I think.

I can see the use cases for the automatic links but it doesn't fit for me.

Steve