[Mayan EDMS: 148] Mayan EDMS cloud based solution

[Mayan EDMS: 148] Mayan EDMS cloud based solution

For those of you interested in a Mayan EDMS cloud based solution to start your new deployment, offload an existing deployment or just to try out Mayan EDMS without having to install it in your own servers this will be great news. A new hosted web app company has started directly supporting Mayan EDMS on their cloud platform and have given me a limited amount of invites for their service, contact me directly to get yours.

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 148] Mayan EDMS cloud based solution

Alexandru Kiss
Hi Rosarior, may I know the name of this company (I was thinking of providing support on my server and on Amazon AWS cloud) . I am testing the app and will report the bugs found in the system, as per the installer I am looking at some options.

Thanks in advance
Alex

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 5:42 AM, Roberto Rosario <[hidden email]> wrote:

For those of you interested in a Mayan EDMS cloud based solution to start your new deployment, offload an existing deployment or just to try out Mayan EDMS without having to install it in your own servers this will be great news. A new hosted web app company has started directly supporting Mayan EDMS on their cloud platform and have given me a limited amount of invites for their service, contact me directly to get yours.

RE: [Mayan EDMS: 149] Mayan EDMS cloud based solution

Angel  Rosario-Sierra (rtm-it)

Can I use it?

Angel Rosario-Sierra

Business Critical Solutions Architect

) Cel: 787-548-0915, ) T&F: 787-707-0869

** PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF OUR NEW ADDRESS AND TEL NUMBER **

B5 CALLE TABONUCO

SUITE 216, PBM 101

GUAYNABO, PR 00968-3029

TEL/FAX: 787-707-0869

E-Mail:  [hidden email], Web: www.RTM-IT.com

  Description: Description: Description: Description: C:\Documents and Settings\rosarioa\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Word\Vms_shark_hp.png  OpenVMS Experts in PR, OpenVMS FOREVER!

P  Antes de imprimir este e-mail piense bien si es necesario hacerlo: El medioambiente es cosa de todos..."Before you print this E-mail,ask if it's really necessary. Our environment concerns us all"…

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new!”  Albert Einstein

RE: [Mayan EDMS: 150] Mayan EDMS cloud based solution

Todavia Nate no me ha enviado las invitaciones nuevas, pero ve usando esta instancia que subi:  http://mayanrtm.appsembler.net/login/    user y password:  admin admin

On Mar 30, 2012 9:07 AM, "Angel Rosario-Sierra (rtm-it)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can I use it?

Angel Rosario-Sierra

Business Critical Solutions Architect

) Cel: <a href="tel:787-548-0915" value="+17875480915" target="_blank">787-548-0915, ) T&F: <a href="tel:787-707-0869" value="+17877070869" target="_blank">787-707-0869

** PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF OUR NEW ADDRESS AND TEL NUMBER **

B5 CALLE TABONUCO

SUITE 216, PBM 101

GUAYNABO, PR 00968-3029

TEL/FAX: 787-707-0869

E-Mail:  [hidden email], Web: www.RTM-IT.com

  Description: Description: Description: Description: C:\Documents and Settings\rosarioa\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Word\Vms_shark_hp.png  OpenVMS Experts in PR, OpenVMS FOREVER!

P  Antes de imprimir este e-mail piense bien si es necesario hacerlo: El medioambiente es cosa de todos..."Before you print this E-mail,ask if it's really necessary. Our environment concerns us all"…

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new!”  Albert Einstein

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 154] Mayan EDMS cloud based solution

Alexandru Kiss
Hi, I will start posting some errors I get in here, maybe they will help everybody figure out Mayan EDMS, firstly on a fresh install while trying to upload a document I get this error  http://pastebin.com/MYFJesjU nothing in the background though.

Thanks,
alex

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 156] Mayan EDMS cloud based solution

Hi Alex,

Some questions about your install to try to figure out some stuff:
- Did you install using virtualenv?
- It appears you installed it under the root user home directory, is this so?
- What DB you used, if MySQL, did you use InnoDB or MyISAM?
- It appears you enabled the office document conversion.  What version of unoconv and libreoffice are you using?  How/where are they installed?
- Webserver?

Answers to these will allow to help you better,
Thanks

Thanks,
alex

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 156] Mayan EDMS cloud based solution

Alexandru Kiss

Hi Rosarior, I am not using virtualenv as I have dedicated boxes for the EDMS system, I was installing in the root directory altough I could easily change that (if it's a requirement)

I used the sqlite3 as a database

and I do not use a webserver (not proxying through apache)

I have some experience as tester and I am currently using different versions of linux and different versions of unoconv, I do this just to see exactly what works best and why.

Is there a recommended procedure and recommended versions of the apps for the EDMS to run properly?

thanks
Alex

Il 20/04/2012 05:56, Roberto Rosario ha scritto:
[...]

alex

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 157] Mayan EDMS cloud based solution

Alexandru Kiss
Hi Rosario,

today is a big day for me I have just installed my rack

3 x hp servers ( second hand :()
1 x san
1 x tape backup system

I am going to create a development enviroment for mayan for me to learn
the system and to test it throughly, I would be very greatfull if you
could assist me one of this days to a setup .

Please feel free to pass any duties that you might have with the system .

that would be all  .... :) by the way I am still waiting to see you in
google hangouts

Alex

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 161] Mayan EDMS cloud based solution

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:50 AM, Alexander Kiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Rosarior, I am not using virtualenv as I have dedicated boxes for the EDMS system, I was installing in the root directory altough I could easily change that (if it's a requirement)

Still I would recommend using a virtualenv to avoid installing Mayan's dependencies system wide and messing up OS level utilities written in Python and viceversa.  Install Mayan as its own user or as www-data to avoid permissions issues.

I used the sqlite3 as a database

Ok, great choice for debugging.

and I do not use a webserver (not proxying through apache)

I have some experience as tester and I am currently using different versions of linux and different versions of unoconv, I do this just to see exactly what works best and why.

Found out that some versions of unoconv don't seem to like how Mayan calls them, will have to contact the author of unoconv when I have more data.  For the moment don't use unoconv until you have Mayan working properly first.

Is there a recommended procedure and recommended versions of the apps for the EDMS to run properly?

Yes this is the recommended installation procedure: http://mayan.readthedocs.org/en/development/intro/installation.html
Also make sure you do a pip install -r requirements/production which should install the correct versions of the apps Mayan need to run, not doing this could result in all sorts of unpredictable errors.

thanks
Alex

Thanks, hope you getting it up and running on your platform soon.

[...]

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 162] Mayan EDMS cloud based solution

Alexandru Kiss

Hi Rosario,

ok so after deploying my servers I have managed to get one install of mayan running on an ubuntu server, I am still looking for a solution to deploy under redhat based systems (don't know if you are interested though) but clustering the installation was not possible at this time.

I was thinking to prepare one install and have as default image to be used to deploy vps's with mayan to give away free of charge.

I am again offering the hosting solution and asking if possible for you to help me with the install ( I know you are busy but this is just one time :D)

I got 2 servers in this config ready to be deployed : 2 x dual core , 8096 ram , 73,6 SCSI 15k HDD

Thanks in advance
Alex

btw great photos of the cluster :D

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 170] Mayan EDMS cloud based solution

On Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:50:38 AM UTC-4, TANATHOS wrote:

Hi Rosario,

ok so after deploying my servers I have managed to get one install of mayan running on an ubuntu server, I am still looking for a solution to deploy under redhat based systems (don't know if you are interested though) but clustering the installation was not possible at this time.

I'm interested in anything anybody submits, cooperation is the base of Open Source :)  I've had better luck with Ubuntu than with Redhat base distributions.  Clustering in the context I showed in the pictures require custom configuration on each of the nodes, so I don't think it is something that could be implemented in a prepackaged cloud install at the moment.

I was thinking to prepare one install and have as default image to be used to deploy vps's with mayan to give away free of charge.

A disk image would be nice for those with no technical skills to do the manual install, thanks!

I am again offering the hosting solution and asking if possible for you to help me with the install ( I know you are busy but this is just one time :D)

I got 2 servers in this config ready to be deployed : 2 x dual core , 8096 ram , 73,6 SCSI 15k HDD

Are looking to provide a single install of Mayan and serve multiple users or multiple installs (one for each user) on this hardware?

Thanks in advance
Alex

Thank you for doing this.

btw great photos of the cluster :D

Thanks!  Just looking to motive people :)  We have 21,000 documents on this setup totaling 35,000 scanned pages, total cash investment is $0.  The cluster configuration allows the load to spread throughout the recycled PCs acting as nodes.  Thanks to the module architecture of Mayan EDMS, a different task can be assigned to each node: webserver, database server, database replication, file system replication, OCR queue processor.