[Mayan EDMS: 1464] Is search over only Metadata or Folder name possible?

[Mayan EDMS: 1464] Is search over only Metadata or Folder name possible?

lokesh manmode
API /api/dynamic_search/search allows common search over data in database.
But I want to search Folder name independently, so that response should contain Folders' details only, nothing else.
Similarly, I want search over Metadata values.
How can I do that? Please suggest!

Thanks!

[Mayan EDMS: 1469] Re: Is search over only Metadata or Folder name possible?

There is some code to allow the search system to return results for different types but this behavior is not exposed to the user.
The new page based search updates for version 2.2 improve by exposing a SearchModel class for each type of result (Page or Document).
A new SearchModel class will need to be added for Folders, Metadata, Tags etc. The feature list for 2.2 is already very big, this have a better
change of appearing in 2.2.x or 2.3.

This is the current search.py module that defines how a document will be searched and returned: https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/master/mayan/apps/documents/search.py

vs.

Now (development) which defines how a document or a document page will be seached: https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/development/mayan/apps/documents/search.py

When seaching using the API the SearchModel class name needs to be specified: https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/development/mayan/apps/dynamic_search/api_views.py#L22 in essence you now need to tell the search module what kind of object
you are searching for. This part needs to be expanded to show a list of available SearchModels available.

Added as issue #344 > https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/344