[Mayan EDMS: 1425] Install fails on pdfminer

[Mayan EDMS: 1425] Install fails on pdfminer

dmukuzwazwa
Hi

I'm just getting started with mayan. When I run

pip install mayan-edms

It raises the following error:

Downloading/unpacking pdfminer==20140328 (from mayan-edms)

Downloading pdfminer-20140328.tar.gz (4.1MB): 4.1MB downloaded

Running setup.py (path:/home/projects/Python/Mayan/build/pdfminer/setup.py) egg_info for package pdfminer

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 17, in <module>

File "/home/projects/Python/Mayan/build/pdfminer/setup.py", line 3, in <module>

from pdfminer import __version__

File "/home/projects/Python/Mayan/build/pdfminer/pdfminer/__init__.py", line 5

print __version__

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 17, in <module>

File "/home/projects/Python/Mayan/build/pdfminer/setup.py", line 3, in <module>

from pdfminer import __version__

File "/home/projects/Python/Mayan/build/pdfminer/pdfminer/__init__.py", line 5

print __version__

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Pdfminer is a python2 project. There is a python3 port of pdfminer called pdfminer3k. Is there any way I can have mayan use pdfminer3k or do i have to downgrade to python2? Are there other options?

Thanks

Desmond