[Mayan EDMS: 1415] Watch folder not working?

[Mayan EDMS: 1415] Watch folder not working?

Oan Nam
I am just starting with Mayan EDMS and i do like the concept. My main use case will be scanning some documents to a folder and - when i have some time - tagging, naming and sorting the documents in Mayan EDMS. But i can't get the watch folder source to work. I followed the instruction on installing Mayan on my personal linux (mint 18) pc so i have it running under a virtual env and i setup the watch folder with the absolute folder and placed two documents in that folder. Also, the interval is set to 20s. I can't see any relevant output in the debugging output. I've even looked at the source code and added a logging output in the file mayan/apps/sources/models.py

Line 582 (WatchFolderSource.check_source):

logging.debug('Test')

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

[Mayan EDMS: 1460] Re: Watch folder not working?

For the watched folder (and email sources) to work the Celery beat scheduler needs to be setup and working.

"Background tasks and scheduled tasks will not run when using the test server.

The runserver command is only meant for testing, do not use in a production server."

Refer the to "Deploying" chapter for complete instructions including setting up the Celery Beat scheduler.

We are also testing an easier installation procedure using Docker and two commands: https://hub.docker.com/r/mayanedms/mayanedms/

The project, its sub-projects and social media accounts are very active with commits, issues and discussions almost daily.  https://gitlab.com/groups/mayan-edms/activity

As suggested a while ago we are going to starting to implementing a newsletter to centralize announcements: https://tinyletter.com/mayan-edms/subscribe