[Mayan EDMS: 1393] Is Mayan EDMS able to encrypt documents with GPG and a public key?

[Mayan EDMS: 1393] Is Mayan EDMS able to encrypt documents with GPG and a public key?

Jaime Gómez
Hello. I’m concerned about my documents stored in plain PDF files on my server's disk. I come from Daniel Quinn's Paperless, which is able to encrypt the files on disk and decrypt them before view/download, given the user's GPG key.

I'm aware Mayan EDMS uses GPG to generate document signatures, but the docs doesn't state anything about ciphering. So my question is: id Mayan EDMS able to encrypt documents before storing them on disk, and decrypt them before view/download? If not, is this feature planned in the roadmap?

Thank you for this great piece of software!

[Mayan EDMS: 1394] Re: Is Mayan EDMS able to encrypt documents with GPG and a public key?

Victor Zele
This is a new feature that could be possible to implement in the future.  I have an encrypted volume on my server to store documents at rest currently, so less important than workflow features, etc. being worked on now.  We then rely on access permissions from Mayan that is very good per doc/folders.

On Saturday, June 25, 2016 at 9:41:35 AM UTC-7, Jaime Gómez wrote:
Hello. I’m concerned about my documents stored in plain PDF files on my server's disk. I come from Daniel Quinn's <a href="https://github.com/danielquinn/paperless" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fdanielquinn%2Fpaperless\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEnqQHMmErOLkBg3pATXfoGOdt-Vw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fdanielquinn%2Fpaperless\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEnqQHMmErOLkBg3pATXfoGOdt-Vw&#39;;return true;">Paperless, which is able to encrypt the files on disk and decrypt them before view/download, given the user's GPG key.

I'm aware Mayan EDMS uses GPG to generate document signatures, but the docs doesn't state anything about ciphering. So my question is: id Mayan EDMS able to encrypt documents before storing them on disk, and decrypt them before view/download? If not, is this feature planned in the roadmap?

Thank you for this great piece of software!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This transmission may contain information which is Vimo, Inc. (DBA Getinsured) confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.