[Mayan EDMS: 1389] Document encoding

Ramon Vanidoso Vanidoso
Good Morning, at first congrats for the proyect, is fantastic.

A have a little doubt, is possible in MAYAN EDMS to upload cipher documents???

I have read in the docs this section http://mayan.readthedocs.io/en/latest/topics/signatures.html . This could be used to cipher?? Im a newbie in this topics. I upload the public key generated by the gnupg utils but im not sure if the documentas are being ciphered.
Someone could explain the way to upload and download cipher documents??

Very thanks and best reggards.

[Mayan EDMS: 1404] Re: Document encoding

The gnupg keys are only for signing or verifying signatures only at the moment. The files are already are being decrypted in case they have an embedded signature (https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/master/mayan/apps/django_gpg/managers.py#L25). Supporting explicit decryption of files is possible, the changes would be small since most of the code already decrypts the files.

I have read in the docs this section <a href="http://mayan.readthedocs.io/en/latest/topics/signatures.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fmayan.readthedocs.io%2Fen%2Flatest%2Ftopics%2Fsignatures.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHzgs_hEYW1uSi3MB96PNiSX7FOxQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fmayan.readthedocs.io%2Fen%2Flatest%2Ftopics%2Fsignatures.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHzgs_hEYW1uSi3MB96PNiSX7FOxQ&#39;;return true;">http://mayan.readthedocs.io/en/latest/topics/signatures.html . This could be used to cipher?? Im a newbie in this topics. I upload the public key generated by the gnupg utils but im not sure if the documentas are being ciphered.