[Mayan EDMS: 1379] sub folders

Zedimus
HI

Is there a way to create sub folders or can this only be done with indexes and meta data ?

Thanks

[Mayan EDMS: 1380] Re: sub folders

At the moment, it is not possible. Initially because it was a philosophy of Mayan to break existing conventions and reduce the manual work required to organize documents by not repeating the file manager paradigm.

This is one of the most requested features some time ago it was decided to implement it. The current roadblock is the permission system to apply to this. Do we check the permission of the top folder only or of all the sub folders? Do the permission of a subfolder override the permission of a parent folder?

The ticket for this feature is here: https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/18

My current thoughts about this are to create a new feature called "Cabinets" or similar. Only the cabinet can have permissions and access controls and the folders inside the cabinet only work as organizational units (just how permissions work with indexes).

Thoughts?

On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 4:19:40 PM UTC-4, Zedimus wrote:
HI

Is there a way to create sub folders or can this only be done with indexes and meta data ?

Thanks

[Mayan EDMS: 1383] Re: sub folders

Zedimus
Thanks for the quick reply

I like the idea of cabinets it sounds like it would work for the way i would setup up my folders.

Thanks

Hi,

The ticket for this feature is here: <a href="https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/18" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fissues%2F18\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHK14-ADe-jyTJNhs1qzuPuX9NCPQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fissues%2F18\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHK14-ADe-jyTJNhs1qzuPuX9NCPQ&#39;;return true;">https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/18