[Mayan EDMS: 1368] Set destination folder for input sources

[Mayan EDMS: 1368] Set destination folder for input sources

Victor Zele
Hi

I am setting up several watch folders for different document types and would like to set a destination folder for a document type.
Any way to do this now or is this a new feature for watch folders, etc.

thanks!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This transmission may contain information which is Vimo, Inc. (DBA Getinsured) confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

[Mayan EDMS: 1567] Re: Set destination folder for input sources

Victor Zele
Hi Roberto,

Just wondering if this feature to set a destination (Cabinet folder) on input sources is on the roadmap?

Main usage is different internal user groups have permissions to view their doc folders and want to not have to manually move new documents for folks to view and process them.

thanks.

Hi,

I've added a ticket to keep track of it: <a href="https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/298" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fissues%2F298\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHkdEov18h2npEMF9bSwkAUROHR5A&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fissues%2F298\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHkdEov18h2npEMF9bSwkAUROHR5A&#39;;return true;">https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/298

[...]

[Mayan EDMS: 1609] Re: Set destination folder for input sources

Hi Victor,

I can't find the ticket but I'm sure it was discussed in the past. It will be added but I prefer to get the wizard refactor that includes the ability to added steps to the upload wizard programatically. Right now steps are added in a hardcoded way and from the "sources" app itself. This violates one design principle of Mayan in which an platform or service app should not have any knowledge of the structures of the apps it serves. This means that the step to set the destination folder of a document being uploaded must be added by the Folders or Cabinets app and not the Sources app as would be the case if done now. The Tag selection step is done this way (hardcoded) and is one of the things the refactor would improve too.

I've added a ticket to keep track of it: <a href="https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/298" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fissues%2F298\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHkdEov18h2npEMF9bSwkAUROHR5A&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fissues%2F298\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHkdEov18h2npEMF9bSwkAUROHR5A&#39;;return true;">https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/298

Thanks.

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 5:08:09 PM UTC-4, Victor Zele wrote:
Hi

I am setting up several watch folders for different document types and would like to set a destination folder for a document type.
Any way to do this now or is this a new feature for watch folders, etc.

thanks!

[Mayan EDMS: 1610] Re: Set destination folder for input sources

Found the entry in the Roadmap, under Sources:

https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/wikis/roadmap#sources

I'm back from DjangoCon Europe and PyCon Italy and will be working next on getting 2.2 finalized. After 2.2 final we could draft the wishlist for the next release.

There is an old ticket opened by Mathias (https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/6) that would get rid of the wizard entirely and display all the steps as boxes, sort of a single page uploader.
This would make uploading much faster from the UX point of view and would make refactoring the wizard class a moot point. Maybe now that the API is much more mature someone could help do an AJAX uploader and help close both issues at the same time.

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 11:26:18 AM UTC-4, Roberto Rosario wrote:
[...]

[Mayan EDMS: 1628] Re: Set destination folder for input sources

Created the milestone for the next version feature wishlist, post 2.2 https://gitlab.com/groups/mayan-edms/milestones/next-23-or-30?title=Next+%282.3+or+3.0%29

There is an old ticket opened by Mathias (<a href="https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/6" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fissues%2F6\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHSRQ3ilxmR23NUR_1u9uG9KbONGg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fissues%2F6\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHSRQ3ilxmR23NUR_1u9uG9KbONGg&#39;;return true;">https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/6) that would get rid of the wizard entirely and display all the steps as boxes, sort of a single page uploader.