Quantcast

[Mayan EDMS: 1309] index workflow status

[Mayan EDMS: 1309] index workflow status

Bruno CAPELETO
Dear Roberto,

I discovered Mayan yesterday and after installation it is looking so promissing that I am already spending my 2nd night on it :-)

Looking through the Q&A I understood the concept behind the Indexes (I was first looking at automatic folders).
However, I could not find how to build advanced indexes regarding workflow.

As an example of workflow, let's take a bill workflow with the following status : in preparation / issued / paid
What would be the syntax of the index to retrieve the bills separated within the 3 different status ?

More generally, where could one find the different possible syntaxes ?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno

[Mayan EDMS: 1315] Re: index workflow status

Hi Bruno,

Thank you! We have worked very hard.

At the moment while not documented it is possible to index documents based on their workflows properties. This is not finished yet (which is why is not documented) and after transitioning the document from to a new state, that change will not be reflected on the index.
This is the syntax to access the current state of a document's workflow.

{{ document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state }}

 "all.0" gets the first workflow instance for the document. Ways to access a document's workflows by their label or a slug (instead of an id) are being explored.

A big refactor of the workflow system is planned post version 2.1.

https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/wikis/roadmap

Hopefully we'll have time to add workflow indexing support as part of the overhaul.

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 5:45:22 PM UTC-4, Bruno CAPELETO wrote:
Dear Roberto,

I discovered Mayan yesterday and after installation it is looking so promissing that I am already spending my 2nd night on it :-)

Looking through the Q&A I understood the concept behind the Indexes (I was first looking at automatic folders).
However, I could not find how to build advanced indexes regarding workflow.

As an example of workflow, let's take a bill workflow with the following status : in preparation / issued / paid
What would be the syntax of the index to retrieve the bills separated within the 3 different status ?

More generally, where could one find the different possible syntaxes ?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1320] Re: index workflow status

Bruno CAPELETO
Hi Roberto,

It works as expected with :
{{ document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state }}

But I do not manage it with the following :
{{ document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state=EN_PREPARATION }}

Any idea ?

[...]

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1492] Re: index workflow status

Aniket Mohapatra
Hi Bruno,

Could you please explain me how you achieved this. I have a requirement in which I need to show the current status of the flow along side the document so that the users can know if the document was approved or rejected.

Regards,
Aniket

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 11:44:28 PM UTC+2, Bruno CAPELETO wrote:
Hi Roberto,

It works as expected with :
{{ document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state }}

But I do not manage it with the following :
{{ document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state=EN_PREPARATION }}

Any idea ?

2016-04-10 9:15 GMT+02:00 Roberto Rosario <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="eofSvNlhLAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">roberto.rosa...@gmail.com>:
[...]

Dear Aniket,

At that time I did not understand the concept well.

Actually I am still using the syntax "{{ document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state }}" which lists all the different possibilities and classifies the documents within a tree.

I still can not see the current state of a document during its visualization.

Cheers,
Bruno

[...]

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1525] Re: index workflow status

Version 2.2 beta 1 has the improvement of showing documents filtered by workflow and current workflow state. Please give this beta a try to see if this is what you were aiming for.

<a rel="nofollow" href="https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/wikis/roadmap" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fwikis%2Froadmap\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHNomyu5t7YNutDZCnvcgSbpgt4wA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fwikis%2Froadmap\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHNomyu5t7YNutDZCnvcgSbpgt4wA&#39;;return true;">https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/wikis/roadmap

Hopefully we'll have time to add workflow indexing support as part of the overhaul.

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 5:45:22 PM UTC-4, Bruno CAPELETO wrote:
Dear Roberto,

I discovered Mayan yesterday and after installation it is looking so promissing that I am already spending my 2nd night on it :-)

Looking through the Q&A I understood the concept behind the Indexes (I was first looking at automatic folders).
However, I could not find how to build advanced indexes regarding workflow.

As an example of workflow, let's take a bill workflow with the following status : in preparation / issued / paid
What would be the syntax of the index to retrieve the bills separated within the 3 different status ?

More generally, where could one find the different possible syntaxes ?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno

Screenshot from 2017-03-11 23-25-12.png (55K) Download Attachment
Screenshot from 2017-03-11 23-29-56.png (28K) Download Attachment
Screenshot from 2017-03-11 23-30-06.png (29K) Download Attachment
Screenshot from 2017-03-11 23-30-13.png (46K) Download Attachment