[Mayan EDMS: 1309] index workflow status

[Mayan EDMS: 1309] index workflow status

Bruno CAPELETO
Dear Roberto,

I discovered Mayan yesterday and after installation it is looking so promissing that I am already spending my 2nd night on it :-)

Looking through the Q&A I understood the concept behind the Indexes (I was first looking at automatic folders).
However, I could not find how to build advanced indexes regarding workflow.

As an example of workflow, let's take a bill workflow with the following status : in preparation / issued / paid
What would be the syntax of the index to retrieve the bills separated within the 3 different status ?

More generally, where could one find the different possible syntaxes ?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno

[Mayan EDMS: 1315] Re: index workflow status

Hi Bruno,

Thank you! We have worked very hard.

At the moment while not documented it is possible to index documents based on their workflows properties. This is not finished yet (which is why is not documented) and after transitioning the document from to a new state, that change will not be reflected on the index.
This is the syntax to access the current state of a document's workflow.

{{ document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state }}

 "all.0" gets the first workflow instance for the document. Ways to access a document's workflows by their label or a slug (instead of an id) are being explored.

A big refactor of the workflow system is planned post version 2.1.

https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/wikis/roadmap

Hopefully we'll have time to add workflow indexing support as part of the overhaul.

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 5:45:22 PM UTC-4, Bruno CAPELETO wrote:
Dear Roberto,

I discovered Mayan yesterday and after installation it is looking so promissing that I am already spending my 2nd night on it :-)

Looking through the Q&A I understood the concept behind the Indexes (I was first looking at automatic folders).
However, I could not find how to build advanced indexes regarding workflow.

As an example of workflow, let's take a bill workflow with the following status : in preparation / issued / paid
What would be the syntax of the index to retrieve the bills separated within the 3 different status ?

More generally, where could one find the different possible syntaxes ?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1320] Re: index workflow status

Bruno CAPELETO
Hi Roberto,

It works as expected with :
{{ document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state }}

But I do not manage it with the following :
{{ document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state=EN_PREPARATION }}

Any idea ?

[...]

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1492] Re: index workflow status

Aniket Mohapatra
Hi Bruno,

Could you please explain me how you achieved this. I have a requirement in which I need to show the current status of the flow along side the document so that the users can know if the document was approved or rejected.

Regards,
Aniket

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 11:44:28 PM UTC+2, Bruno CAPELETO wrote:
Hi Roberto,

It works as expected with :
{{ document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state }}

But I do not manage it with the following :
{{ document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state=EN_PREPARATION }}

Any idea ?

2016-04-10 9:15 GMT+02:00 Roberto Rosario <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="eofSvNlhLAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">roberto.rosa...@gmail.com>:
[...]

Dear Aniket,

At that time I did not understand the concept well.

Actually I am still using the syntax "{{ document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state }}" which lists all the different possibilities and classifies the documents within a tree.

I still can not see the current state of a document during its visualization.

Cheers,
Bruno

[...]

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1525] Re: index workflow status

Version 2.2 beta 1 has the improvement of showing documents filtered by workflow and current workflow state. Please give this beta a try to see if this is what you were aiming for.

<a rel="nofollow" href="https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/wikis/roadmap" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fwikis%2Froadmap\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHNomyu5t7YNutDZCnvcgSbpgt4wA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fmayan-edms%2Fmayan-edms%2Fwikis%2Froadmap\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHNomyu5t7YNutDZCnvcgSbpgt4wA&#39;;return true;">https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/wikis/roadmap

Hopefully we'll have time to add workflow indexing support as part of the overhaul.

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 5:45:22 PM UTC-4, Bruno CAPELETO wrote:
Dear Roberto,

I discovered Mayan yesterday and after installation it is looking so promissing that I am already spending my 2nd night on it :-)

Looking through the Q&A I understood the concept behind the Indexes (I was first looking at automatic folders).
However, I could not find how to build advanced indexes regarding workflow.

As an example of workflow, let's take a bill workflow with the following status : in preparation / issued / paid
What would be the syntax of the index to retrieve the bills separated within the 3 different status ?

More generally, where could one find the different possible syntaxes ?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno

Screenshot from 2017-03-11 23-25-12.png (55K) Download Attachment
Screenshot from 2017-03-11 23-29-56.png (28K) Download Attachment
Screenshot from 2017-03-11 23-30-06.png (29K) Download Attachment
Screenshot from 2017-03-11 23-30-13.png (46K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1667] Re: index workflow status

Cédric MARCOUX
Hello, i'm trying to do the same, indexes based on Worflow state.
Still any solutions?

Thanks for your help

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1668] Re: index workflow status

Aniket Mohapatra
Hey,

Sorry, I didn't find a solution to it.

Regards,
Aniket

On 27-Apr-2017 8:13 PM, "Cédric MARCOUX" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, i'm trying to do the same, indexes based on Worflow state.
Still any solutions?

Thanks for your help

Screenshot from 2017-04-30 19-08-29.png (33K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1696] Re: index workflow status

Clemens Hupka
Hi!

Am Montag, 1. Mai 2017 01:09:44 UTC+2 schrieb Roberto Rosario:
The new version 2.2 added a menu item that allow looking up documents explicitly by their workflow state.

This works for me, except for the documents that are in the initial state. This view stays always empty...

On 27-Apr-2017 8:13 PM, "Cédric MARCOUX" <<a href="javascript:" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="qhoWJd_1BAAJ" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">cedric....@...> wrote:
Hello, i'm trying to do the same, indexes based on Worflow state.
Still any solutions?

Thanks for your help

Clemens Hupka.

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1719] Re: index workflow status

Bruno CAPELETO
Dear Roberto,

At last I could find the time to upgrade and I saw your new menu, sorry for the (very) late answer.
No, that is not what I was aiming at ; actually I achieved it via the index menu as I stated previously, and with more flexibility (I could subdivide based on a metadata value).

My remaining issue is when working/visualizing a document : the workflow state is not visible without going into the workflow menu. Same for the metadata (which is very critical for the efficiency).
There are still things to improve in the user interface so that it becomes usable in an efficient way, which I have to admit is not the case yet.

Bruno

Le dimanche 12 mars 2017 04:31:11 UTC+1, Roberto Rosario a écrit :
Version 2.2 beta 1 has the improvement of showing documents filtered by workflow and current workflow state. Please give this beta a try to see if this is what you were aiming for.

On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 3:42:44 PM UTC-4, Bruno CAPELETO wrote:
Dear Aniket,

At that time I did not understand the concept well.

Actually I am still using the syntax "{{ document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state }}" which lists all the different possibilities and classifies the documents within a tree.

I still can not see the current state of a document during its visualization.

Cheers,
Bruno

2017-02-01 13:41 GMT+01:00 Aniket Mohapatra <<a href="javascript:" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="DxjhJ18iEQAJ" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">getani...@...>:
[...]

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1720] Re: index workflow status

Bruno CAPELETO
Dear Aniket,

Did you try  {{document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state}} ???

For me, that made the job !

On 27-Apr-2017 8:13 PM, "Cédric MARCOUX" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="Qt8cDDT-AwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">cedric....@...> wrote:
Hello, i'm trying to do the same, indexes based on Worflow state.
Still any solutions?

Thanks for your help

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1727] Re: index workflow status

Testing an experimental code to trigger index rebuild on workflow changes and other document associations like tags.
So it could be possible to reference workflow state in a reliable manner in indexes in the next version.

Workflow rendering is in my personal wishlist, still in the process of testing Python diagram drawing libraries before committing to one.

On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 5:09:54 PM UTC-4, Bruno CAPELETO wrote:
Dear Aniket,

Did you try  {{document.workflows.all.0.get_current_state}} ???

For me, that made the job !

Le jeudi 27 avril 2017 21:31:09 UTC+2, Aniket Mohapatra a écrit :
Hey,

Sorry, I didn't find a solution to it.

Regards,
Aniket

On 27-Apr-2017 8:13 PM, "Cédric MARCOUX" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, i'm trying to do the same, indexes based on Worflow state.
Still any solutions?

Thanks for your help

Re: [Mayan EDMS: 1728] Re: index workflow status

Bruno CAPELETO
Dear Roberto,

The workflow system as such works fine - even if a bit cumbersome. So I would weigh that UI part as priority close to 0, especially in comparison to the assignation of metadata.

At which place can I describe exactly my wish of what should be done regarding that ?

Bruno Capeleto, Dirigeant

5 rue de la Potasse / 68850 STAFFELFELDEN
Tél. 03 69 61 60 20 / fax 03 69 61 60 29
http://www.abcreseau.com

Lauréat Concours Alsace Innovation 2010